Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Pakele Lounge tonight - Wed 10/31
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  03:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claudia

I did it! I stayed up for the whole concert - 3:34am EST! Andy, Bill, I didn't realize you were on the 'Patch helping to keep each other awake - I could have used the assistance too! Oh well, next time... Aunty Genoa was simply amazing. And I LOVED Melveen Leed.

That was so much fun.

Claudia

I have every record Melveen has ever made, and I have heard her sing live on a half-dozen occasions. But I have never heard her sing like that. That is what being in Aunty Genoa's presence will do to you. Good musicians spur each other on to greater heights. When you're standing next to the best, you had really better step up the plate.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  04:28:35 AM  Show Profile
You are up mighty early this morning Bill and Andy. I tried staying up for the show, but alas, I got plumb tuckered out. My excuse is that I am an old retired lady, but then again, look at Aunty Genoa at age 89.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  04:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

You are up mighty early this morning Bill and Andy. I tried staying up for the show, but alas, I got plumb tuckered out. My excuse is that I am an old retired lady, but then again, look at Aunty Genoa at age 89.

I didn't go to bed. Why bother? Why lay down at 4am to get up at 5:30am? There's some pretty interesting TV at that hour. I think I am out $149 for a Time-Life 20-CD boxed set of soul music and a newfangled steam cooking apparatus. I will have to check my AmEx bill...

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  04:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I relished my sleep from 4-7. Shut eye saved me some $. Of course, I wish Bill many hours of enjoyment with his new Popeil pocket fisherman and Flowbee Hair Cut System.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  05:11:08 AM  Show Profile
wow you guys on odda side (east coast) ... i no could make um past 10:30 ova hea in da west :-) Da show was awesome, but. I wished I wen make um fo watch aunty and da gang at da end. I wen make um to see I Kona. Ho, dat Barry can jam no? Both on ukulele and ki ho`alu! da bruddah rocks. mahalos eh, you guys fo posting dis kine stuffs so we all can enjoy.

Nex week: Jon Yamasato and FRANK DELIMA! Ho, dat goin be one riot! ha ha ha. potagee joke central. If anybody who stay from da mainland like get one good feel fo wat coming from Hawai`i is like, you no can miss bruddah Frank. Shootz den!

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  06:29:10 AM  Show Profile
Bill shoulda held out for the rotisserie and the Ginzu knives and the Jack Lalane juicer.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  07:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Bill shoulda held out for the rotisserie and the Ginzu knives and the Jack Lalane juicer.

Ginzu knives would just make my Wolfgang Puck knife set jealous.

But I had no idea about the juicer. It's going to be another long night tonight. So many gadgets, so many channels, so little sleep...

Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  07:28:24 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

I wish Bill many hours of enjoyment with his new Popeil pocket fisherman and Flowbee Hair Cut System.
Hey, I detect a hint of sarcasm in that statement. I happen to love my Flowbee Haircut System which I've been using for over a year now and nobody's yet had the guts to make fun of my hairdo (received it as a gift and it took me almost a year to get up the nerve to even try it out). And all that money I saved on barbershop haircuts recently went towards purchasing a new acoustic-electric bass guitar.

I'm wondering which Nov. 7 Pakele Lounge performance calendar is most current, alohavideo.tv's which is currently listing Jon Yamasato and Frank DeLima, or mele.com's which lists Jon Yamasato and Darin Leong.

Edited by - guitarded on 11/01/2007 07:29:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  07:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

I wish Bill many hours of enjoyment with his new Popeil pocket fisherman and Flowbee Hair Cut System.
Hey, I detect a hint of sarcasm in that statement. I happen to love my Flowbee Haircut System which I've been using for over a year now and nobody's yet had the guts to make fun of my hairdo (received it as a gift and it took me almost a year to get up the nerve to even try it out). And all that money I saved on barbershop haircuts recently went towards purchasing a new acoustic-electric bass guitar.

I'm wondering which Nov. 7 Pakele Lounge performance calendar is most current, alohavideo.tv's which is currently listing Jon Yamasato and Frank DeLima, or mele.com's which lists Jon Yamasato and Darin Leong.

Two good line-ups, so matters not to me.

And a Flowbee wouldn't get through my hair. Trust me. Once had a barber throw me out of the chair before even starting in because he was certain my head would dull his blades. Cursed be Cupid the day he star-crossed my Filipino father and my Cherokee mother. Worst hair ever.

Nope, no savings on a Flowbee for me. But I did save enough for my last guitar - the Breedlove C-20 Passport, which is essentially a requinta, a smaller-than-parlor sized guitar tuned up a fifth (eat your heart out, Peter Moon) - by switching to Geico.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  07:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

[quote]Originally posted by Admin

Hey, I detect a hint of sarcasm in that statement. I happen to love my Flowbee Haircut System...
No sarcasm. Envy. That was one of my favorite infomercials. I just never had the guts to buy anything.

Both calendars may be correct. Darin is scheduled to perform with Jon. The question is, will Frank DeLima be there?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  10:17:19 AM  Show Profile
I'm on the west coast also, but have to admit, at one point, dozed off in my chair in front of the computer. Actually woke up to Auntie Genoa singing. Thought I has in heaven hearing an Angel singing for a brief moment until I realized .....I really was.

Did they mention how many grand, great and great great grandchildren she has at this point? I missed that part.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  10:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
I think both calendars may be correct. Jon and I are at 6:00 - 6:45, last I heard. Should be fun!

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/
Go to Top of Page

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  10:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by markwitz

I'm on the west coast also, but have to admit, at one point, dozed off in my chair in front of the computer. Actually woke up to Auntie Genoa singing. Thought I has in heaven hearing an Angel singing for a brief moment until I realized .....I really was.

Did they mention how many grand, great and great great grandchildren she has at this point? I missed that part.

12 children, 40+/- grandchildren, and 200+/- great-grandchildren.

Like "Osmond," "Keawe" is apparently Hawaiian for "breed like rabbit." But if you were awake for granddaughter Amanda Pomaika`i Keawe Lyman's performance, you heard that the Keawe clan is passing along really freakin' good genes. (I haven't heard all of them sing, but I can say that the Keawe women I have seen are drop-dead gorgeous!) Hopefully by the time I move to Hawai`i, Aunty Genoa will still have some single granddaughters. If you can't be born a Keawe, marry one. But with 200+ great-grandchildren already, one has to guess that all of the granddaughters are already taken. Thus my streak of bad luck continues...

Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  11:18:57 AM  Show Profile
Aloha and Mahalo Bill,

I was awake for Pomaika'i, and agree she is a beauty.

But I think some of the 200+ great grandchildren includes a number of great great grand children. Take a look at this article done back in 2005, that said she had over a dozen of those. http://starbulletin.com/2005/01/31/news/story5.html

And another thing Bill, I guess I have been outed. I do have a thing for guys like Barry Kimokeo, large frame Hawaiian types that can play guitar in the amazing way he does. I now have to go confess to my wife. Trouble is, I know she is attracted to the same type also!! Looking forward to your show as always. Glad it's back on schedule.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  11:46:27 AM  Show Profile
Can buy that guitar learning kit from Esteban.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000