Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 How many fingers?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  6:01:44 PM  Show Profile
How'zit Dusty! Actually it's nice to be back..Yeah the more fingers one can include during a jam-session, it becomes 'trice as much fun! Dusty...do you uke alot? Since I don't play my guitar much, it's great to have and ukulele to fall back on. I found out that after playing so much "Kiho'alu", during the past times with Reid, Sarah and the rest of the gang, when you pick-up the ukulele the fingers just go! It becomes a bit easier to plucking-tunes. I'm planning to pick me up a Baritone Ukulele (probably a KALA)

One day I went down to Bounty Music, and spent hours trying the various types of brand ukes, and 'KALA', being one of the many made in China very inexpensive, has one with a solid Spruce-Top with Flaming Maple sides and back, really got my ears attention! It sounded so swweet!

Baritones like the guitar, can also make some really nahenahe slack key stylings. I learned that from Sheldon Brown (Kevins older brother)He plays a Baritone. They're just some awesome accompanyment (new word...ha! ha!) Guitar complamatic? (just made that up) Both go hand-in-hand like a glove.

"How Many Fingers" being able to get that really great coordination come down to some really sweet Guitar or Ukulele playing.Think of a song...close your eyes....hear it's melody...imagine how you want the melody to sound-out at the tips of your fingers...and let it flowIt sounds so good when it is played Take care Dusty!

slackkey Bill

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000