Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Prayers for Wanda
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  2:44:25 PM  Show Profile
please keep sending us updates and please keeping passing our hopes for a speedy recovery on to Wanda. Hula in ICU... that must have been a first for those nurses....
Dave
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  6:52:07 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, everyone; Wanda will be having bypass surgery in the next couple days. She misses posting on here a lot. We derive a lot of comfort from our TP ohana, and a lot of pleasure from our visits with you all,even if not face to face. Laptop, hmmmm.....I offered to bring her ukulele, but she thought the hospital had enough commotion. Stay tuned, and mahalu nui loa for all the caring and support. Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  04:58:48 AM  Show Profile
Here's to a speedy recovery. Paul, take the ukulele after a few days. Even a few plinks can radically change the atmosphere in a hospital. Everyone in the area immediately perks up. Tell Wanda we miss her.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  09:46:36 AM  Show Profile
My best wishes for Wanda as well. I hope it wasn't brought on by her interest in the steel guitar .

keaka
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  1:44:44 PM  Show Profile
I believe the nurse's exact words were: "I came in here and this child was doing Hula!" Wanda said: She looked at me funny, so I sang her some Pua Mana."
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  3:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Glad to hear that she still remembers everything she has learned about Hawai'i Nei. E ola e Wanda!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  08:23:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Sending another get well soon out to Wanda... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VidYm1r1yRs

Andy
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  3:33:21 PM  Show Profile
Lots of tests today, surgery may be as early as tomorrow or as late as next mon-tues. Waiting for a Dentist to approve. They say a lot of bacteria can get in through the mouth and want to be absolutely sure all is ok.Wanda's new digs at this hospital are better than any College Dorm I've seen. She has a small fridge, a190 degree hot water tap for making tea,a desk/hutch with bookshelves, and chairs.Same hospital food, though.
Paul

Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  4:32:28 PM  Show Profile
We're still sending prayers and good wishes to you both, Paul!

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  5:04:11 PM  Show Profile
A few years ago I was in the hosoital with a broken ankle. I suggested that they have inexpensive but good ukuleles on "bank pen chains" for us "inmates" to use. The doc thought it was a good idea, but said he couldn't guarantee that everyone would appreciate it. Music in the room does help in the healing process.
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  08:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Paul My husband joined the zipper club ( bypass pt) 9 yeas ago and was on a plane to Hawaii within 4 months. Tell Wanda from us she can do it and to KEEP dancing no matter what those stick in the mud nurses say. It is GREAT for the WHOLE person. Tell them it is Drs orders.
From a Doctor who is a memeber of the zipper club and his wife not a stuck in the mud nurse.

Thinking of you and hoping you are up and strumming soon!

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  08:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Checking in daily, thanks for keeping us posted.

Give Wanda a big smooch on the cheek for me.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  5:20:16 PM  Show Profile
Actually, the nurse was as amused as I was. I don't think she had ever seen a patient do hula before.It really isn't common in these parts. Especially amongst heart patients in the ICU.
Surgery is scheduled for tuesday. If all goes according to plan, she should come home about 5 days after the surgery. The waiting is getting to us a bit, but we want them to be thorough. Don't need no buzzing frets here!
Paul

Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  9:04:36 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Paul:

Please include my warmest aloha pumehana to Wanda, my prayers are with her now, and some quiet ki ho 'alu. her spirit and love of da music is felt by us all. Malama pono, Wanda.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  03:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Please let us all know how the surgery goes on Tuesday. Pomaika'i!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000