Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Prayers for Wanda
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  06:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Hi Wanda

So very happy you are home and recovering. Just so everyone knows how big a heart you have, I will say that over the past year she has sent me cards and books and lots of e-mail support.

You certainly have all my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Just wish there was more we could do for you.

Happy healthly New Year and the absolute best of years to you and Paul.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  2:21:04 PM  Show Profile
Well, you guys. All your prayers must have worked! Goes to show what pull you guys have with the Man Upstairs.

I went to the heart surgeon today and he pronounced me healed up. I can now drive, and do just about anything I want to do short of wrestling or American Gladiators, etc. (Hey not, me Pal -- I'm not physically fit, I am physically pffffft.) All I have to do is continue taking one baby aspirin per day, one beta blocker and one lipitor to reduce cholesterol. And keep on the doggone low salt, low fat diet. But that is OK. Easy price to pay for this second chance I get.

That means I can go shopping, and meet the ladies who lunch, and yes, even take myself to appointments.

Once again, mahalo nui loa to all you for your well wishes and prayers. And for being here while I have been recuperating, locked up in the house going stir crazy. I know, I know. You are all saying, Hooray, get her out of the house and away from the computer. I agree with you.

With kindest love and affection,
Newly healed Wanda

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  2:31:22 PM  Show Profile
And mahalo nui loa from me, too. All the prayers,kind thoughts and well-wishes were more uplifting than you may realise. The surgeon said something on the order of "Don't ever come here again". I think that means good news, donit?
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  9:48:05 PM  Show Profile
Wanda!

Get away from that computer and get some fresh air. Walk, stroll, sing and play. Great to hear you're out and about.

In the 70's they said that computers would make our lives easier, but they never said these things would be like a ball and chain on our legs, keeping us locked up in the office, hunched over and frowning at the screen! Get out, get out!

Hugs and good wishes, Julie
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  04:24:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Wonderful News Wanda did you dance or float down the Hall after your appointment? Now if the weather will just improve so that you can really get outside and enjoy the fresh air.
:-)

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  08:51:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Wanda! Elsewhere I've thanked you for your concern about me, but I need to express the concern I've had about you. I'm glad you're doing so well. The docs also put me on baby asprin & Lipitor to get the cholesterol down. One thing good about no red wine and a good diet is that my weight went from 192 lb to 174 lb in a month, and I feel very light on my feet (dizziness gone, too). - Jack

keaka
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000