Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Prayers for Wanda
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  5:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Paul,

You must be very busy so the updates are much appreciated. Thanks for passing on your great news.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  08:24:32 AM  Show Profile
Wanda,
WELCOME HOME! Many of us have been praying for your recovery and return to the 'patch!
Aloha Ke Akua,
Kapena Mika'ele

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  09:22:01 AM  Show Profile
Great news Paul! Welcome HOME Wanda! Your continued recovery is in our prayers! I look forward to seeing you back on da patch! Keep warm ova dea eh!

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  11:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Just one more WELCOME HOME and an ATTA GIRL added on. You all stay wraped up and Iam sure Nurse Paul will make everting just right! We miss you but take your time we are waiting for ya.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  4:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Ho'omaika'i e Wanda! E komo mai! Glad you're doing maika'i!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  8:59:52 PM  Show Profile
Home again home again!!!! So glad to hear it, Wanda. WE miss you and welcome you back with this huge hug!

cathe
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2007 :  11:07:52 AM  Show Profile
Aloha to all our friends in the Taro Patch. You guys are the creme de la creme (creme which I will never be allowed to eat again).

Paul and I thank you tremendously for your outpouring of aloha and support. Thanks to all of you for the pule, the kind wiwhes, the cards and gifts, and most of all for keeping Paul's spirits up while I while I had this lovely 3-week spa vacation.

As soon as we hit our street, I started crying. Then cried evene harder when we pulled into the drive-way and `Oni`Oni was waiting in the front window just like she knew we were going to be there.

You cannot imagine the luxurious pleassure I tool in sliding underneath my own sheets and blankets onto a nice mattress that had not a trace of plastic covers or electronic do-dads or beeps, buzzers, alaarms, etc. It was one of the most soft and cozy feelings. Oh, and then a shower in my own bathroom, how heavenly, By the way if anyone has ideas on how to get betadine stains off skin without resorting to 00 grit sandpaper, please let me know. And Paul is quite the gourmet chef, making me taste tempting delights that I can eat following not only the diabetic diet, but low salt and low fat as well. Oh yeah, and then he has to puree everything just about because I had to have all my teeth removed prior to the heart surgery. That will be only a temporary problem, but the changed diet will be a lifetime thing.

I have been thinking very seriously about the miracle I have been given. I had massive heart disease, unbeknownst to me. I had six coronary arteries blocked (they bypassed only 4 times because they were able to combine a few together). I could have died. I didn't. I was given a major warning, though. We do not get too many "do-overs" in our life, and I promise that I will make the most of this opportunity. There is a reason I am here writing to you now. There is a reason I was lucky enough to make it through this technologically amazing healing. And I am going to find the reason for it and make sure I do not mess up any more.

I was sitting here crying this afternoon after the mele man came. Two great cards caame from our Seattle area TP `ohana. One card had the spitting image of my little `Oni`Oni, along with well wishes from so many of our left coast friends. Also in the same mail was a card from one of my former co-workers. I never liked this guy. I always thought he was lazy and worthless because I frequently had to do work that he should have done but never got around to doing. Toward the end, I even finked on him to the boss because I was fedd up with it. How ashamed was I when I read the beautiful sentiments he wrote on this card. I always thought I was a "good" person, but this made me realize that there is room for improvement.

ok, dope kicking in. Time for one little nap.

Once again, thank you all for such tremendous love and support. You can only imagine how much it has meant to both Paul and I.

And Happy Holidays to all.

Wanda

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2007 :  11:25:37 AM  Show Profile
I am glad you are feeling better :)
Go to Top of Page

808bk
Akahai

82 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2007 :  11:39:04 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back.
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2007 :  12:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Glad to read some of the old Wanda type stuff again I missed you! Expect the waterworks to continue for a while do not know why but it seems that bypass surgery does something to the tear ducts. But tears are good for the soul. If you have some favorite foods ask away. I have been doing the fat free no sodium thing for years now. In the beging Pren called me the FOOD NAZI. When he tried to eat something he should not I just threatend to cry or thump his chest worked every time. He even likes his steelcut Oatmeal now :-)
So Glad you are back. Take it slow and HEAL!

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2007 :  6:01:06 PM  Show Profile
Glad you're back, Wanda! Hi fiber ( used to be roughage and before that, bulk ), also helps. All systems go! No fo'get da OMEGA 3s. I know from experience that you can play da ukulele laying down.
All da bes', Kory
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2007 :  1:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage

WWWHHHOOOOPPPPEEEE!

Welcome back girl. You must know that even in your absence you kept this board buzzing. Glad you're back, take care.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2007 :  06:52:49 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Wanda -- what an ordeal!! But your undauntable spirit will prevail! Mele Kalikimaka to you and Paul, and 'Oni'oni!
Enjoy the holidays!

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  6:21:07 PM  Show Profile
Wanda,

While I was in the ER Christmas Eve, I thought of you, doing the hula in your hospital room. I laughed, and was tempted to try it myself, but connected to all these wires and such, it was difficult to get out of bed. Probably would have given the ER personnel a coronary arrest, as they thought I was having a stroke. Glad you're home and on the road to recovery. What an ordeal, huh?

Lots of aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  9:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Goodness, I've been out of the loop! Man, look what happens when one doesn't log on for a while. Wishing you all the best Wanda for your speedy recovery. - Maggie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000