Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Aloha `oe Raymond Kane
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

parotatch
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  1:20:42 PM  Show Profile
When the "black album" came out in the early 70's I scratched it up pretty good playing various songs over and over on the turntable (kiddies, that was before CD's). One thing I'll always remember Ray saying in slack key class is "don't play fast -- take it slow and easy". Rest in peace, old friend.
Go to Top of Page

chip
Aloha

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  7:02:26 PM  Show Profile
Some time has passed, but I would like to send, my wishes, To Uncle Rays, family & friends. Another one here, if it wasn`t for that great man, I wouldn`t be playing, slack key, we will play on for you, may you rest in peace Chip
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  12:44:18 AM  Show Profile
Was thinking about that day I wen stop by tamashiro's where bobby works(ingano).I was talking about how much I loved da music of kihoalu.Bobby asked me if I like go with him to uncle raymonds house for some kanekapila,I told him one day.Well days turn into months,months into years,now thinking back should have made time.Although I got to see him at the slack-key festival more than once,even signed my guitar.Taking pictures with him and auntie was special,but getting to go to his house and jam,that's timeless.Time heals,although uncle raymond is gone,he lives on through his ohana,his students,his music,and of course the wonderful memories he left us with.THANK YOU UNCLE RAYMOND! My heart goes out to auntie and all there ohana.
Love braddah jay
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000