Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 March giveaway Hawaiian Rainbow VHS
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  12:47:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Oop - I better enter, too. Had the pleasure of hosting Uncle Raymond on our radio broadcast stage at Folklife in 1993, portions of which are on that out-of-print CD, "Ki Ho`alu - Seattle Style." Efforts are being made to do another printing, possibly by Folklife 2009.
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  08:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
ka mon i wan a win it....heehee

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  11:06:25 AM  Show Profile
Uncle Raymond was a treasure and his legacy keeps on giving. I love his playing and his smile.
Go to Top of Page

mele kane
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  2:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Got the DVD, it's great! If I win I would give it away to a student.

On time, In tune, Aloha
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  6:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Pardon the delay. The winner of this randomly drawing is catheglass. Congrats Auntie Cathe!

Thanks to all who posted and to Dusty for donating the prize, dedicated to Uncle Ray.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  11:12:47 AM  Show Profile
Andy or Cathe,

Please email me your(Cathe's) address, so I can send the video.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  12:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Wow, that lucky Cathe. She also won the Iz DVD for which we had duplicates. She must live right. Cathe - go buy a lottery ticket.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  8:28:50 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Wanda:

Dis mus' be da right place! You know I have never won anything in my life before this, it's amazing. OK, now where's da lottery stuffs. . .
Mahalo Dusty for donating this wonderful prize. I will treasure it, fo'sure. Andy has my address. Mahalo, mahalo, wooee! See you this June?

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  06:00:18 AM  Show Profile
My attorney friend needs a technician. Sometime in the sixties Ray Kane visited her family. Course, other family friends were there. Kane started playing his style of slack key. So, her Dad broke out the ole reel-to-reel and starting recording Kane. Trouble is that ole tape has not been unwound and my dear friend no like chance the tape go broke, i.e. unwind the tape, hear da music, and lose the music. Course, she one attorney in Seattle, wanna protect the copyrights, and looking for one technician within driving distance (so she can bird-dog em) who can unwind and transfer the music to mo beddah audio medium: computer, CD, etc.

Course, she no like you know her name (Punahou grad) so email me and I'll relay. She den touch-base with you....ly dat.

Aloha
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  07:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Braddah Herb - I'll drop you one e-mail, yeah? Maybe I can help now. =Gregg=

Oh - and welcome to TP!

Edited by - Retro on 04/15/2008 07:23:42 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic