Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 DELETED
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  02:32:28 AM  Show Profile
DELETED

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?

Edited by - sirduke58 on 03/04/2009 12:54:36 PM

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  07:15:32 AM  Show Profile
Good stuff braddah Duke!

Bob
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  07:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
You guys rock!

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  09:04:59 AM  Show Profile
E Braddah Duke,

Mahalo for sharing your great story -- stuff like that makes sweet memories for everyone!

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  10:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for sharing your feel good slack key moment. Made me feel good!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  7:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
Ditto to Andy's comment. This music can do so much for others and it's so neat to find someone out in the non-slack key world who gets moved by it. Mahalo for your moment!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  7:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
P.S. Rev. Dennis smoking pakalolo?? Openly!?? Now I'm impressed.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  02:56:53 AM  Show Profile
And all because of this music that we all enjoy,hawaiian.You know dat.But wait had uncle paul playing and singing Ku'u Home O Kahalu'u.Even had someone who seen our videos,come down and kanikapila.Haole girl,hawaiian at heart,awesome.Just starting but love slack key.Only ting she get one deep line right in the middle of her left index finga.As ledward would say jus press....but not to hard. Aloha time fo moe
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  06:23:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Mahalo to Braddahs Duke & Jay - sweet, sweet story.
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  2:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Das da how!

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  4:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Bruddas...

Azz one chicken-skin moment.

Aloha,
da Poi Dog
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  4:26:50 PM  Show Profile
2 things. Its cool that you met Wanda and her Kane they deserve to meet real live locals so their appreciation of Hawaiian music may be embellished. You impromtu playing for the lucky couple was a very nice thing to do and that shows the aloha of musicians everywhere. I could almost hear and feel the thing you shared with them and even if we nevah meet yet I proud fo know you 2 guys.

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  7:50:36 PM  Show Profile
E could be. Honolulu small place. I use to live Old Vineyard St. near Cental school. Then Makakilo then Kaimuki then Kailua then Wilhelmina Rise then Manoa. So you know get plenny place fo see each oddah. I cruised China town too even aftah I went move away. I had frens in Mayor wrights befo too but was like 1959 times li'dat.. My fren Imaikalani live on Lili'uokalani Trust grounds cause he work foa dem and they give him one house foa live. He went raise his ohana o dea. Choke kine music jams used to happen at his house.

Folk life was a blast. You can see any kine. Dis year but I jus hang in the hospitality room except wen we wnt play and fo go get grinds. Whoo ka grinds I tell you must have had at least 30 or 40 different places selling any kine grubs brah! I used to buy roastpork and duck at Lyn's right by times and I would grind Hawaiian food around the corner until the place went close down.

An you right I woulda played jes li'dat for da fun of it. The smiles we make is better than money most of da time.

Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  9:44:27 PM  Show Profile
Howzit Bruddahs Duke and Jay,

I love your story about playing impromptu ki'hoalu for the newlyweds. Besides the beautiful music, what they really going remember is the spirit of Aloha--and that's what it's all about. Feel good, yeah? You and Bruddah Jay get one gift--and no cost nothing to share the gift, but means so much to those who receive it.

Eh, I looking forward to meeting you guys soon.

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  10:27:42 PM  Show Profile
I used to buy roastpork and duck at Lyn's right by times and I would grind Hawaiian food around the corner until the place went close down.

An you right I woulda played jes li'dat for da fun of it. The smiles we make is better than money most of da time.
[/quote]
Howzit noeau,just thought I'd tell you,friday is Lin's last day.The landlord raised there rent 40%,and they don't have the money to invest in a new kitchen elsewhere.Duke and I get one place downtown where da roast pork and char sui is da bomb.Main ting gotta be juicy.You right noeau,seeing them surprised and smile,braddah dat priceless.Yeah you woulda played, and sing too.Aloha braddah jay
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  10:21:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks my braddahs someday we meet and kani all day and all night. Main ting get da roast pork and char siu.

Edited by - noeau on 05/29/2008 10:22:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000