Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Quotes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  05:13:26 AM  Show Profile
I wonder why many of our TaroPatchers find it necessary to completely "Quote" a previous post? Sometimes there are even quotes of the quote of the quote. I can see the usefulness of pulling out pieces that one finds relevant to the reply, but not the entire post. Why not just write a reply and move on

dog

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  06:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Dave,
Hard eh, I know you talking about me, but I nevah know had instructions. But you know da four little pictures, da one wid da red arrow kinda like asking to be clicked on. The bull reflex, you see red you go for it. Okayden, I won't do it any more. And I taught it waz gonna be one good day.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  06:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by John

quote:
Originally quoted by `Ilio Nui with quote marks and everything

I wonder why many of our TaroPatchers find it necessary to completely "Quote" a previous post? Sometimes there are even quotes of the quote of the quote. I can see the usefulness of pulling out pieces that one finds relevant to the reply, but not the entire post. Why not just write a reply and move on

dog

Cuz it don't cost nothin'? Btw... why is "Quote" in the above quote, quoted? (not to mention cap'ed--well, there I go, I went and mentioned it)

Jus' kiddin' dog. I'm pulling that hind paw agin (not that faux pax as I usually do).

It's a mystery to me.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  06:34:24 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by cpatch

quote:

quote:

dog

Cuz it don't cost nothin'? Btw... why is "Quote" in the above quote, quoted? (not to mention cap'ed--well, there I go, I went and mentioned it)

Jus' kiddin' dog. I'm pulling that hind paw agin (not that faux pax as I usually do).

It's a mystery to me.

Oh! Now I get it.

Actually, Peter, I wasn't thinking of you, but now that you mention it
quote:
Dave,
Hard eh, I know you talking about me, but I nevah know had instructions. But you know da four little pictures, da one wid da red arrow kinda like asking to be clicked on. The bull reflex, you see red you go for it. Okayden, I won't do it any more. And I taught it waz gonna be one good day.
And it is a very good day indeed.

dave
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  10:34:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by `Ilio Nui

dog

Ilio Nui howzit,yeah quote,of a quote,of a quote.That's the one get me,that's why I headed fo coke bottle glasses.Me,new to the computer,but....I am a master,at killing ants with one finga.I try to use only the part of quote I'm referring to.Sometimes gotta scroll down planny to the next post.Good you bring em up,some people might see what you saying,and some still goin post the way they goin post.Me,it's all good cause my eyes already bad.Coke bottle Aloha braddah jay
Go to Top of Page

Menpachi Man
Lokahi

274 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  6:00:51 PM  Show Profile
every day you can play slack key is a good day !! az wot i tink. but no lisen to me, cuz i lolo. az from head buttin concret wall trying fo come like da wraslah maiva long time ago. fo realz! i get on knot on my forehead cuz da bone too tick. can break stuff on my head but no can tink so good. fo realz!

wen i faced death, small stuff no boddah me awready, even small fish make me happy cuz i still can fish!

Edited by - Menpachi Man on 05/29/2008 6:42:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  6:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Eh Menpachi Man, wea you waz? Get plany mo local guyz fo talk story now, kenna grumbo anymo. I no you wen spotem alredy, but get da longest tread goin n erybody talking anykine is pretty good dis week. Jez like da United Nations wen work. And da bes part no need spal check. But you neva use em anyway yeah. Sos anyways aloha!
Go to Top of Page

Basil Henriques
Lokahi

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  01:01:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Basil Henriques's Homepage
quote:

dog

It's sometimes done as a courtesy, when the post extends to a new page it saves the reader having to go back to see the specifics that are being replied to ..

Or to make it plain that the reply doesn't concern the immediately preceding posting..

Quizas or is that perhaps ?

Edited by - Basil Henriques on 05/30/2008 01:03:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  6:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
quote:

dog

Simple reason.....Lazy buggas!!!!!!!!!!!
Basil I think his point is if you just reference one part of the quote you can dump da rest!. An so no need to include other responses etc. not related to your reply. Working with computers I was taught this kind of etiquette(but doesn't mean sometimes I don't screw up) but I do try to cut em for specific purposes.

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

Menpachi Man
Lokahi

274 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  6:47:10 PM  Show Profile
Alohaz to you too Doctah Petah. Yea, I wen spock da tred wid pigin. Was some good fun! But da way, da way yu guyz wen rite pigin was some shaka, wen make me moah homesick, waz jalike da backyahd kanikipila an da tohk storeh kine times I remembah, an still do wen I go home. I wuz going rite but I figgah da way I rite pigin compared to yu guyz ... make azz. Wen you wen staht to rite pigin, my eyes wen come BIG! I waz tinkin, hoooah he can rite ten dollah Harvard words and but he can rite ten dollah pigin too! Da professah braddah, he too good! An da Duke, Jay, an Guava guyz, dey can all write ten dollah pigin. Da guyz some good!

By da way, indirectly you got me stahted in slack key. Or was somebodeh at UH anyway. My friend ovah 30 yrs ago brot home slack key tabs from UH. Luckeh I minored in music and could make sense of it. I still get em today. I still get da faded stenciled print of opihi moe moe wid da round circle tab, hand written. An long time ago I wen play Susyana E, Healoha no o Honolulu an Opihi moe moe at one pahteh! Hehe, all from da stencil print an trow in some junkalunka kine make up kine stuff. Planneh mistakes but ai neva kea.

My sincerest mahalos fo all your work! I pass down da "stencile prints" (haahd fo read) and da tekniks I figgah out since den to all who want to learn in da bak yahd at home. Main ting drink beeah in da back yahd, or if small kid go fishin wid me an haul fishin basket (hehe)! I give em guilt trips too -- Wot boy/girl!, yo moddah/faddah Hawaiian, how come you no can play slack key!! Yu go buy guitah or if no mo kala I buy em fo you. I show you how! I still junk playah but no need be dat good to pass em down. Gotta put da ole mana insai da kids.

Glenn

Edited by - Menpachi Man on 05/30/2008 7:19:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  05:38:49 AM  Show Profile
Here's just a little recap of where we've been so far or just in case it starts a new page. That way you won't have to go back to the previous one.

Great replies, both on and off topic. LOL You can quote me on that.

quote:

dog

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Medeiros

Dave,

quote:

quote:

quote:

dog

It's a mystery to me.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

dog

It's a mystery to me.

Oh! Now I get it.

Actually, Peter, I wasn't thinking of you, but now that you mention it
quote:
Dave,
And it is a very good day indeed.

dave

quote:
Originally posted by braddah jay

quote:

dog

Ilio Nui howzit,yeah quote,of a quote,of a quote.That's the one get me,that's why I headed fo coke bottle glasses.Me,new to the computer,but....I am a master,at killing ants with one finga.I try to use only the part of quote I'm referring to.Sometimes gotta scroll down planny to the next post.Good you bring em up,some people might see what you saying,and some still goin post the way they goin post.Me,it's all good cause my eyes already bad.Coke bottle Aloha braddah jay

quote:
Originally posted by Menpachi Man

every day you can play slack key is a good day !! az wot i tink. but no lisen to me, cuz i lolo. az from head buttin concret wall trying fo come like da wraslah maiva long time ago. fo realz! i get on knot on my forehead cuz da bone too tick. can break stuff on my head but no can tink so good. fo realz!

wen i faced death, small stuff no boddah me awready, even small fish make me happy cuz i still can fish!

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Medeiros

Eh Menpachi Man, wea you waz? Get plany mo local guyz fo talk story now, kenna grumbo anymo. I no you wen spotem alredy, but get da longest tread goin n erybody talking anykine is pretty good dis week. Jez like da United Nations wen work. And da bes part no need spal check. But you neva use em anyway yeah. Sos anyways aloha!

quote:
Originally posted by Basil Henriques

quote:

dog

It's sometimes done as a courtesy, when the post extends to a new page it saves the reader having to go back to see the specifics that are being replied to ..

Or to make it plain that the reply doesn't concern the immediately preceding posting..

Quizas or is that perhaps ?

quote:
Originally posted by hapuna

quote:

dog

Simple reason.....Lazy buggas!!!!!!!!!!!
Basil I think his point is if you just reference one part of the quote you can dump da rest!. An so no need to include other responses etc. not related to your reply. Working with computers I was taught this kind of etiquette(but doesn't mean sometimes I don't screw up) but I do try to cut em for specific purposes.

quote:
Originally posted by Menpachi Man

Alohaz to you too Doctah Petah. Yea, I wen spock da tred wid pigin. Was some good fun! But da way, da way yu guyz wen rite pigin was some shaka, wen make me moah homesick, waz jalike da backyahd kanikipila an da tohk storeh kine times I remembah, an still do wen I go home. I wuz going rite but I figgah da way I rite pigin compared to yu guyz ... make azz. Wen you wen staht to rite pigin, my eyes wen come BIG! I waz tinkin, hoooah he can rite ten dollah Harvard words and but he can rite ten dollah pigin too! Da professah braddah, he too good! An da Duke, Jay, an Guava guyz, dey can all write ten dollah pigin. Da guyz some good!

By da way, indirectly you got me stahted in slack key. Or was somebodeh at UH anyway. My friend ovah 30 yrs ago brot home slack key tabs from UH. Luckeh I minored in music and could make sense of it. I still get em today. I still get da faded stenciled print of opihi moe moe wid da round circle tab, hand written. An long time ago I wen play Susyana E, Healoha no o Honolulu an Opihi moe moe at one pahteh! Hehe, all from da stencil print an trow in some junkalunka kine make up kine stuff. Planneh mistakes but ai neva kea.

My sincerest mahalos fo all your work! I pass down da "stencile prints" (haahd fo read) and da tekniks I figgah out since den to all who want to learn in da bak yahd at home. Main ting drink beeah in da back yahd, or if small kid go fishin wid me an haul fishin basket (hehe)! I give em guilt trips too -- Wot boy/girl!, yo moddah/faddah Hawaiian, how come you no can play slack key!! Yu go buy guitah or if no mo kala I buy em fo you. I show you how! I still junk playah but no need be dat good to pass em down. Gotta put da ole mana insai da kids.

Glenn

quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

Eh Menpachi

How you goin' ack lidat,you tawk jalike me,you tink jalike me,you write jalike me.
we wuz waitin' fo you jump insai,why?.........because good fun
We wuz tawkin' hana buttah daze,why?..........because good fun
We wanted fo hea wat you had fo say,why?......because good fun
Why I stay rite to you rite now...............because you good fun

Braddah Duke

Mahalo,

dog
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  06:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Eh Menpachi Man,
You still get my stencil music from 1972. Preddy good yeah!! Awesome yeah da technologies back den, I foget how many yeas I wen use da stencil, but it werked. I nu dea waz won reason fo da purple fingers besides play gitah -- waz fo da fucha, yeah, fo all mankine lidat ah.

N you waz wunnerin how I can talk n rite lidiz, itz cause dis is da way I tink n speak at home until my wife slaps my hed yeah. But even she speaks lidiz mo den she knows at home n she won lawya lidat ah? At work I speak mo betta lidat my wife too.

But I gonna leave you wid deaze tots fo today. Dea reasons why we talk lidis or talk lidat. Itz jez like you know you kenna fut in public yeah, but sometime you jez gotta letem go. Daz why you gotta watch da elevatas yeah, you don't take da one da single guy jez came outa -- danja. And den like wen you go eat plany `opihi wid da guyz, don't hang around too long, cause you know some one gon cut one `opihi fut -- da mos deadly, leatal, and wet fut of all --you know da smell gonna stay wid you fo daze.

The morro iz diz, dea ah times fo wen speak good, an times fo wen speak mo good.

Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  06:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ilio Nui

How come you guys quote too much stuffs(as my paraphrase!!!!

Eh you start da question den you turn out to be da worse one yeah!!!!

hapuna
Seattle

Edited by - hapuna on 05/31/2008 06:36:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  07:44:05 AM  Show Profile
Hapuna, waz one mora lesson, yeah? (no quotes insai dis).

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Menpachi Man
Lokahi

274 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  1:56:02 PM  Show Profile
Wach da single guys elavatah? Ophihi fut??? Bwaahhahahaha! Dat was too funneh! An den if dey stay eat too much inamona -- moah worse. An den if get planneh oddah culchas, den get some oddah real hauna kine stuff like harmha (shrimp paste) insai da food, bindongo (tripe), deeneeng danang, sweet potato (dis buggah deadly too), aama (raw black crab), if luckeh, get kona crab, loli (sea cucumber), black vana (wana, or uni or sea urchin), dry opelu, etc etc, yu guyz can tink of plenneh moah. If yu haahd core Hawaiian den you can eat palu from fresh manini. Me, I no can. An take yo junk guitah cuz da frets going smell real good nex day.

Da stencils was critacal fo my slack key. Da blue hand-written Hiilawe, Maori Brown Eyes, Wahine slack key lesson, Hula Lady, Kaulana Ka Pua, Wiley'e tune, Liliue, Maui Chimes, HookipaPaka, Green Rose Hula, Kaahi Kahalui, etc etc... all hand-written. Mustah took planneh time fo write all dat. I ask my frien, yu can play all dat? He said no, I going law school, no mo time fo practice. Yoo can have em if you like. I said shootz, I go learn em all, and I did. I was too pooah to get all da albums but I lissen to Hawaiian radio all da time and den lissen to all da improvs. Den cuz of Doctah Petah's work, now I had a base of wea to put da fingahs. I could pick em up wot dey waz doin. But waz oneh fo taro-patch and wahine, odda tunings wen trow me off.

Eh Duke ..yah ... GOOD FUN! Real kine talk-storeh yah? No mattah wot da online topic, evereh time, go anykine place, anykine subject. no mattah! main ting get good fun!

Glenn

Edited by - Menpachi Man on 05/31/2008 2:01:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  6:53:54 PM  Show Profile
Eh I gotta admit,sir duke in my book is king,hands down.Sometimes I'd be away for weeks at a time,even though I live just one block away.I'd walk in,and see everyone covering their face with their t-shirt.Nevah dawn on me at first,den wam.Oh dat buggah is bad,mo worst dan boil egg kine,I turn around and leave as quick as I came in.What's sick is da buggah stay laughing so hard,sick buggah,but he my friend,just not goin see me for awhile again.His room is down da hall around da corner,yep you da king,for now. Aloha
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000