Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Quotes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  10:50:29 PM  Show Profile
Hu! Da quote stuff is jus our way fo say he said she said they said that thas how we make fo unastand each oddah li'dat an fo make geneology so we know da source from which all dis kine wisdom springs forth eternal and stuff li'dat.
I f we no make li'dat somboddy goin say, " How you know dis kine" you one hibolic professor or wat? And guess what, Peter wuz one of my kumu and man he used to make me work hard for lurn da kine slack key.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 05/31/2008 10:51:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  12:37:51 AM  Show Profile
Jay - you neva warn me bout Duke. Good ting we had picnic outside at da Kaka`ako.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  07:25:59 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Jay - you neva warn me bout Duke. Good ting we had picnic outside at da Kaka`ako.
Eh Ma, what braddah Jay neva explain to you is how dat place got its real name from braddah Duke and his notorious reputation for hauna puhi'u nui (breaking rancid wind very loudly). Da real name of da place where you folks wen go picnic is "Point Panic".

Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  08:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Eh, but da even mo real name from befo dat was called "Flies", cuz had plany flies yeah. So Brudda Duke folks waz rite at home I tink yeah?
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  08:30:15 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Medeiros

Eh, but da even mo real name from befo dat was called "Flies", cuz had plany flies yeah. So Brudda Duke folks waz rite at home I tink yeah?
Ho braddahs Duke and Jay, braddah Pete stay saying dat you folks no bafe(bathe). You going take dat from heem?

Anden about "Flies", I neva like reveal da fack to Ma and Pa (and thereby possibly spoiling their image of that idyllic venue) dat undaneat Kaka'ako Waterfront Park and its big lush mounds of green grass is one old rubbish dump where all da flies' kupunas are now buried, and is also just down da road from wheya da hauna Hawaiian Tuna Packers used to be, too. I used to have hahd time eating plate lunch from da lunchwagon ova deya eating beef curry stew wit rice and mac salad while holding my one good nostril closed.

Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  08:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Nah Braddah Ed, You wen misem by one mile n a half, not even close. Da place stay hauna long befo you, Duke, Jay n I waz even born. You can go fut ova deah still gonna make no difference. Oni ting dat make difference iz which way da wind stay blowin.
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  11:47:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh dat's awhile back.I rememba making makeshift spot with roof for shade,so I can fish all day.Drive through the dump,park up above den climb down fo fish.My friend said his fadda used to slide bait ovah dea,and catch ulua's.Me small kine moana,weke,papio,and of course my share of puhi.Those were da days.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000