Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Fantasy Hawaiian Concert of All Time
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  5:52:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
Okay if you were planning the mega Hawaiian concert of all time, which suspend all time and dimension, who would you have. Let me start
The Sunday Manoa
Sons of Hawaii (from the "red album")
Hui Ohana
The Beamer Brothers
Aunty Genoa
The Makaha Sons of Niihau (Skippy, Iz, Moon and Mel).
Olomana (Bobby Beaumont/Jerry Santos)
The Halekulani Girls
Aloha Pumehana Serenaders
Booga Booga
Now its your turn....

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  6:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Let's make it a three day event.

Sol Ho'opi'i
Lena Machado
George Kainapau
Ray Kinney
Dick McIntire
Andy Cummings
Leina'ala Haili
Aunty Genoa
The Halekulani Girls
Bill Ali'iloa Lincoln
Gabby
The Sons Of Hawai'i
The Makaha Sons Of Ni'ihau
Hui Ohana
Nina Keali'iwahamana
The Peter Moon Band
Pua Almeida
The Kahauanu Lake Trio
Makana
Herb Ohta, Jr.
Raiatea Helm
Hoku Zuttermeister
Willie K
Na Kama
Robi Kahakalau
Amy Hanaiali'i
Hapa
Raymond Kane

This could go on for a long, long time. What are we gonna do for Hula and Chant?

And Rap Reiplinger could be the M. C.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain

Edited by - markwitz on 06/03/2008 6:42:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  11:04:00 PM  Show Profile
No foget Sony Chillingworth, Atta Isaacs, Atta Damasco, the Pahinui Brothers playing together, Hui Aloha (Dennis & David Kamakahi, Martin Pahinui, Mike Ka`awa) and no foget that cute Ocean Kaowili. George Kahumoku, Keoki Kahumoke; Also Braddah Smitty, Barry Kimokeo, Lono, Haunani Apoliona and last but not least, Diana Aki.

For hula and chant, Halau Mohala `Ilima, Halau Hula Olana and Halau Hula Kukahi.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  03:33:38 AM  Show Profile
There is not a single name on any of those listed so far that I wouldn't go out of my way to see. With the exception of "The Aloha Pumehana Serenaders" I have music from everyone from these lists on my iPod. Gotta do something about correcting THAT deficiency.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  1:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
Yes, okay somewhat biased regarding the Aloha Pumehana Serenaders. My lifelong friend and musical collaborator was the leader, Darrell Lupenui. Like many Hawaiian Bands, the recorded just one album. But Darell went on to play with many other musicians including Sam Bernard, Kekua Fernandes, Kaulana Kasparovich, Clyde Lono, Mark Yim, etc. These guys were ahem giants to me both figuratively and literally...
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  2:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Iz. Hello. And Aunty Alice.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 06/04/2008 2:17:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  3:03:40 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

Eh Unko Rob,

Sam Bernard was my neighbor at Hau'upu Place.The Bernards was living on one side of the duplex
and I was living on the oddah sai.Da family bought da whole place & still ovah deah.My ex-wife
used to dance hula fo' Sam.Good people da Bernards.Still bump into some of dem now & then.
We used to have some marathon poker games with Queenie & Pops Bernard,I miss dem

Aloha
Braddah Duke

I also have Sam's music. He was truly something special. If people would like to see and hear Sam Bernard they can get a copy of Robert Mugge's DVD "Hawaiian Rainbow". Sam is one of the artist featured in that wonderful film.

Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  04:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
eh,markwizt i like borrow some of Sam's music, I never got his cassettes Mahie and Mahie Palua. Too cool braddah duke. just goes to show how small dis world is!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  05:02:28 AM  Show Profile
We've got the Hawaiian Rainbow DVD. If someone wants to borrow and promises to make sure we get it back, send me one e-mail and I'll send it to you. It is definitely worth seeing. Plenty good music, especially the Ho`opi`i Bros.

Also if anyone wants to borrow Eddie Kamae's Sons of Hawai`i or Earth, Words and Aloha, or Uncle Ray Kane's Ki Ho`alu: That's Slack Key Guitar. Or any of the Iz stuff or others. We got lots of DVDs, if anyone wants to borrow, write me and I'll give you the list. They need to be shared.

When they are talking about Sam Bernard dem, they are saying that there are very few places where you can hear traditional Hawaiian music. I am sure that has changed, because there is an abundance of music available, most of it for free at lounges and shopping centers, etc. All you gotta do is read that TGIF thing in the newspaper.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 06/05/2008 05:04:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  06:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

[quote]You wood still be dea front row at my concert eh? Unodat mah braddah

I'm already in line to buy tickets! While there's still room on the bill, I'd also like to see a jam featuring a few of the original vaqueros and the paniolos they inspired. Or, if that's not the way it went down, somebody who was there when it did explaining what really happened!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  10:42:26 AM  Show Profile
I'm thinkin' the "Second Annual Picnik, Kanikapila, And Laugh-Fest" is my idea of the special one. As mant TP members as we can get in the same place at the same time.Aloha nui loa trumps everything else.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  12:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

Puhi'u St.
Yeah, but is one broken wind-ing road. (Notice how just about every thread that includes GS somehow de-volves into fut discussions? Happens on other boards where he can be found, too. I'm just sayin' ...)
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  1:24:21 PM  Show Profile
Gregg and Momi got Aloha. Not futs.

Braddah Ed: Since you are in the witless protection program (WRP) and since you wanted to know in one thread about hemorrhoids and in several threads recently you've got the fut thing going, I'm wondering if perhaps by trade you are a proctologist or a gastroenterologist? If so, tell all these TP `ohana guys to get a colonoscopy. Believe you me, when they do that, they will have the nui futs whilst preparing for the test. When I had my last colonoscopy, after coming out of the exam area into recovery, they woke me up from my IV Valium and whatever other happy drugs they gave me. I kept telling the nurse I needed to go to the bathroom. She kept telling me I was empty and did not need to go to the bathroom. I told her I did need to go, and this went back and forth a few times. Finally she just told me I had a belly full of CH4 (methane kine gas) that I needed to get rid of. Can you imagine, she told me I had to do the "f" word. Like in public. Like in front of people. She musta been pupule. How could a woman tell another woman to do that?

Dukie - second annual is a plan to me. Oh, the fun we could have. Last year when we came Hawai`i, Fran Guidry, Mika`ele, Guke, Thumbstruck and who knows who else was there at the same time. We just stumbled upon all of them except Kory at Honey's listening to that cute Ocean Kaowili and his friends. Serendipity.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  1:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
To all you lay people there is a scientific term for it here in Hawaii. We call it futitis, with the afflicted referred to as futheads. We try to keep them downwind from the general population as to try and save as many lives as possible. But, sometimes there is a new outbreak and we lose a few good people here.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  2:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Welcome Futhead, I mean Duke. Please tell us more.
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  3:12:29 PM  Show Profile
Amazing da talent we get at dis TP site,imagine if we put em all togetha.I could see it now,uncle peter warning everybody of one outbreak,bradda ed makin sure all are staying cool and under control,auntie wanda makin sure to walk no run,and retro and momi last but not least makin sure nobody left behind,all da while braddah duke stay wondering why everytime he almost catch up,da line keep getting fasta.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000