Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Fantasy Hawaiian Concert of All Time
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  3:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Gregg and Momi got Aloha. Not futs.

Finally she just told me I had a belly full of CH4 (methane kine gas) that I needed to get rid of. Can you imagine, she told me I had to do the "f" word. Like in public. Like in front of people. She musta been pupule. How could a woman tell another woman to do that?

So Wanda, you would have preferred a guy to tell you this?
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  3:53:28 PM  Show Profile
Geez, no Peter. I would really have been mortified if was a guy. Yikes.

And, well, I cannot tell a lie. I must shamefully admit that, well, ummm, that I, a, gee.... I was flatulent and expelled the byproducts of fermentation and digestion without any solids within my intestinal tract. Hows that for hybolics?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  4:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

Wow, you guys shuwa know how fo derail dis tread eh? tsk tsk
Note how da kolohe buggah deleted his own derailing post? Aftah I quote him?

As why we got much aloha for Braddah Ed. Too clever.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  4:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
Wow laulau. Kden, you guyz we go split, we know wen we not wanted, we go look fo mo fertile fields wey de mite appreciate a sense of low brow huma.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  05:11:41 AM  Show Profile
I notice that, in the lists, fame accounts for much. While I would include many, if not most (but not all - de gustibus), of the people and groups mentioned, I would also include several who are lesser known and haven't ever gotten the publicity they deserve, nor have they recorded much - which is probably why they are missing here. Actually, I am surprised and pleased that Wanda noted Atta Damasco, who Sarah and I have met at Waihe`e. A multitalented musician and funny, too.

I will mention only one (lest I be accused of pushing my friends on you): Nani Lim Yap. She is the Hawaiian equivalent of Frederika Von Stade, the mezzo who has long performed at the Met. Gorgeous voice with a smoothness and range unmatched by any other on the lists. Not a trace of harshness, great expressivity and lovely timbre and control. If a performer makes me tear up just because of the beauty of the sound produced, she makes *my* list.

There are several others, mostly slack key artists - who sing, but lists get too long and we would probably end up with all Hawaiian musical performers.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  06:01:08 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

that cute Ocean Kaowili

This seems to be Ocean's full name now!

My dollah-chree-eighty:
Dennis and David Kamakahi
Palani Vaughn
Na Palapalai
John and Hope Keawe
`Ale`a
Kelly Boy Delima
Barry Kimokeo

Edited by - Momi on 06/06/2008 06:36:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  06:41:51 AM  Show Profile
And don't forget Gary Haleamau and Patrick Landeza and Pekelo Cosma and Bobby Ingano and Paulie Kim (with his friend, that CUTE Ocean Kaowili). And Kale Miles. and Ken Makuakane. and Rodgers Lena Kaipo. and Rupert Tripp, Jr. And Byron Yasui and Benny Chong.

Heck, if you are Hawaiian and you can play an instrument or sing, or even if you can, still can make music. We can all hold hands and sing something sort of like we are the world.

Everybody sing now......All Hawai`i Stand Together....

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000