Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Wanda is a posting machine
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  11:10:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Whoa, I just noticed that Wanda has exceeded 2000 posts.

quote:
Aloha - mutual regard and affection and extends warmth in caring with no obligation in return; (0-49 posts)

Akahai - meaning kindness to be expressed with tenderness; (50-99 posts)
Lokahi - meaning unity, to be expressed with harmony; (100-499 posts)
`Olu`olu - meaning agreeable, to be expressed with pleasantness; (500-999 posts)
Ha`aha`a - meaning humility, to be expressed with modesty; (1000-1999 posts)
Ahonui - meaning patience, to be expressed with perseverance. (2000+ posts)
This is in the FAQ. I never imagined that this site would grow this large or that anyone would ever make it to 2000+ posts. Well, Wanda has done it!

Andy

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  12:34:58 PM  Show Profile
Yikes. I'm sorry. I just tend to run on.

But actually, this forum has really been a blessing to me for so many reasons. Number one, I have met so many nice people through this forum, some only on this board, some also by phone or by mail and luckily, some in person! I have also met and had talk story with quite a few Hawaiian musicians because they know my name (wonder how) through Taro Patch.

Most of all, through this forum, I was able to meet Jay and Duke. They are two of the kindest hearted (not hoof hearted) guys in the world. Without Taro Patch, I would never have been able to know them. Same thing for Menpachi Man, Momi and Gregg, Braddah Ed, da Joka, Kory, Jack, Nani and all the rest of you guys.

You all have helped me keep my sanity as I was recovering from my heart problems. Many days I was quite sad, but Taro Patch always cheered me up when I was blue. One day, Kory even called on the phone and played some of his beautiful music for us.

You have all taught me so much. I now understand a bit of the language. I recognize many songs anfter only a few notes. I am up to two chords on the `ukulele. And on and on and on.

Andy, my friend, you are the instigator of this wonderful, funny, enlightening forum. I sincerely thank you for it.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  1:01:09 PM  Show Profile
waz doz 2 chords C and C7? onny one finguh ya kno!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  1:17:19 PM  Show Profile
C and G

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  2:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
Wanda is in a posting class of her own. Da rest of us are like the golf tour feels when playing against Tiger Woods!!!

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  2:27:52 PM  Show Profile
Press on auntie,you know I love what you bring to the table.To da queen of post,you go girl.And you right we nevah would of met,thanks again andy.Aloha braddah jay
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  2:37:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hapuna

Da rest of us are like the golf tour feels when playing against Tiger Woods!!!
Or how most of us feel when trying fo out-talk one Portagee.

Which reminds me, eh braddah Pete! Aikudeesh! You neva come back from Longs yet gonfunnit? You need fo come ova heya and install Wanda as one honorary Portagee, since I no qualify.

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  3:47:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey Wanda!
You should learn the F, the G7, the Bb (ooo! need tree finguh and a bah) -- you awreddy gno da C.

F=2010G7=0212Bb=3211C=0003C7=0001
F=ACFAG7=GDFBBb=BbDFBbC=GCECC7=GCEC

Den can play lidat key of F. Dis a good key fo Kane to sing and you ca get Paul to bust loose!

Wit da C and G7 you can sing real easy songs -- my favorite, "Ate A Peanut" Jus start with the G7 and sing the song. Then when it starts to sound funny, play the C Chord (keep singing). When it sounds funny play the G7 chord again (I didn't say you could stop singing yet). Keep singing and changing chords when it sound funny. When you "Went to Heaven" you can finish da song! Das da Hawaiian Way to learn ukulele. We impress all da Keiki wit dat song! Plus you just learned a song in the Key of C! Good key for Wahine to sing.

Paul can sing it for you in the Key of F. Just start with the C7 then the F then the C7 and the F and so on.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  7:36:37 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

You all have helped me keep my sanity . . .

Assumes facts not in evidence, counsel.

There are times when I'll check TP compulsively throughout the day. Thanks to Wanda, there's more to look at!

Congrats, sistah! We may have to make you an honorary titah too!
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  11:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

Which reminds me, eh braddah Pete! Aikudeesh! You neva come back from Longs yet gonfunnit? You need fo come ova heya and install Wanda as one honorary Portagee, since I no qualify.

Itz reel late. So le me see if I wen get diz right. I jez wen get up n eat dinna waz won good day fo stay away from da computa lidat.

You like me swear Wanda in az won official Podagee on account she wen smoke erybody anden Andy wen knight her or sometin lidat?

Eh I gotta ax you why ax me? Why I gotta be da one? Not anybody can be one Podagee you no? You no I haven’t done diz won won long time yeah? It could be dangerous espacially fo me anden. Why you no get da Punahou guyz? I no dey hangin aroun hea.

But le me go ova da general qualifications. Okay she get da rite firz name yeah? Wanda az won good Pordagee gurlz firz name jez like Gladys oa Kathy oa even Wanda. Get two sillabols eazy fo rememba. Da laz name I dunno, if waz Furtado or Morreira would be guarans, would be so easy yeah cause den she already stay won Pordagee yeah. Try lissen to dis Wanda Furtado get won reel special ring to it, I can already smell da sweet bread n da vinha d ‘alhos. I no sistah can cook daz why she almos wen check out too early, but won higha autority wen halp out n had all us guyz n mo prayin fo her so she get second chance. So sistah get pull yeah so she mus be blessed. Daz numba two.

Okay numba tree; she reel ni`ele. So she ax plany questions dat nobody can ansa. Dat means she real smaht or tryin reel hahd fo be. Daz won reel good one.

Numba four; she reel generous n totful lidat n would give you da shirt off her back anden. But dat could get reel scary. You wen see da piccha she wen sen us laz week in da bikini wen she waz by Diamond Head lidat? She neva wen lif her arm lidat so I don’t know if had limu `ele`ele (limu) or wana (sea urchin), az won a da qualifications you know. But I no had plany cottage cheese. Plus I neva see up close if she get da mustache. I don’t tink so. But on da plus side she get won good lookin husband n inda piccha she wen sen us she get two bolohead hanai sons, dat mus count fo sometin. So on numba four could go eda way wid dis one.

Dis won gonna be mo hahd `coz I tink I gonna hav to take udda tings into consideration. I gotta go docta again tomorrow so I let you guyz no maybe tomorrow

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  12:56:20 AM  Show Profile
Peter, I do not have a mustache, but I do have a beard, which I shave every morning, or use da tweezers for pull out each individual hair.

And Certo is an Italian last name, sort of close to Pordagee. Actually should be pronounced "chair-toe", but Paul's grandpa or whoever, anglicized it to sir-toe.

Momi - you are right about assuming facts not in evidence!

Besides which, I really did send that postcard to Braddah Ed.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  04:39:31 AM  Show Profile
Peter: Your post wuz seriously hilarious.....or hilariously serious, witch eva way you like look at em. But az one full-fledged portagee by birt myself, I tink sista deserves da honor! 2,068 posts in two yeahs......WOW! I neva seen anybody moah portagee den dat on one forum. An she wen do dis even dough she wuz insai da hospital part of dat time! I one portagee but I ony get 387 posts in five yeahs......I no can keep up wit her! I no can even read dat fass!

Eh Andy.....you gonna haff to cum up wit one uddah catagory fo Wanda! No moah nuttin afta Ahonui. Weah she gonna go from heah?

Aloha,
John A.

Edited by - javeiro on 06/12/2008 04:48:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  04:54:55 AM  Show Profile
Congrats on the milestone Wanda! It didn't take you very long either.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  05:39:33 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Medeiros

But le me go ova da general qualifications. Okay she get da rite firz name yeah? Wanda az won good Pordagee gurlz firz name jez like Gladys oa Kathy oa even Wanda. Get two sillabols eazy fo rememba. Da laz name I dunno, if waz Furtado or Morreira would be guarans, would be so easy yeah cause den she already stay won Pordagee yeah. Try lissen to dis Wanda Furtado get won reel special ring to it, I can already smell da sweet bread n da vinha d ‘alhos. I no sistah can cook daz why she almos wen check out too early, but won higha autority wen halp out n had all us guyz n mo prayin fo her so she get second chance. So sistah get pull yeah so she mus be blessed. Daz numba two.

Okay numba tree; she reel ni`ele. So she ax plany questions dat nobody can ansa. Dat means she real smaht or tryin reel hahd fo be. Daz won reel good one.

Numba four; she reel generous n totful lidat n would give you da shirt off her back anden. But dat could get reel scary. You wen see da piccha she wen sen us laz week in da bikini wen she waz by Diamond Head lidat? She neva wen lif her arm lidat so I don’t know if had limu `ele`ele (limu) or wana (sea urchin), az won a da qualifications you know. But I no had plany cottage cheese. Plus I neva see up close if she get da mustache. I don’t tink so. But on da plus side she get won good lookin husband n inda piccha she wen sen us she get two bolohead hanai sons, dat mus count fo sometin. So on numba four could go eda way wid dis one.

Dis won gonna be mo hahd `coz I tink I gonna hav to take udda tings into consideration. I gotta go docta again tomorrow so I let you guyz no maybe tomorrow
Fo crying out loud braddah Pete, we not axing you fo beatify Wanda fo sainthood like, bless his soul, Faddah Damien. You jahs so happen to be da most obviously qualified and handy Podagee around so I wen figgah all you gotta do is wave your spatula in Wanda's direction and proclaim her Podagee, especially since she wen already admit dat she growing one beard but denies having one moostash, which you and I both know is typical behavior of one futseda. And if you wen go look mo close at dat endearing photo you been menshen before, it's oni obvious dat she also endures da constant battle of da Podagee wahine unibrow. Even YOU menshened your own suspicions of undah arm limu and cottage cheese, so wat else confirmations you going need? Podagees nowdays gotta be decisive in their actions or else dey neva going come famous like former mayors Elmer Cravalho and Hannibal Tavares. Aikudeesh.

Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  06:56:23 AM  Show Profile
Congrats, Wanda! Too good, you!
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  10:11:01 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

C and G

The poet (and self-labeled folksinger & goat farmer) Carl Sandburg, when asked what chords he played on the guitar, he replied, "There's C, G and the other one."

keaka
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000