Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Camp's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  04:23:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda,

Welcome to TaroPatch. Thanks for the link.

For those of you who don't know Brenda, she's an outstanding player.

Me ke aloha,

Dave

Edited by - `Ilio Nui on 07/23/2005 04:24:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  09:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kaliko's pictures are incredible and took me back to the adventure that was Aloha Music Camp 2005. Camp this year was a much more intense experience for me, both good and, in part, unsettling as well. The wonderful isolation of Kaupoa Beach means it's you, other campers and that's it. And, when everyone else had fallen asleep, it became me, the Moloka'i wind and an amazing full wild moon that said, "Don't waste your time sleeping. Think about where you are, what has happened here, what will happen here, who you are, who they are ..." Then, I'd sleep for a bit, pop up with the sun and dive back in, each day feeling I was more deeply submerged in the psyches of 100 other people. This year, I came away with even more respect and gratitude for the Beamer family and their extended teaching ohana and what they give to us with such grace and compassion.

Me ke aloha,
Lynn
Go to Top of Page

brenda575
Aloha

3 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  7:39:00 PM  Show Profile  Send brenda575 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dave,
thanks for the kinds words. it was great to have that mini camp reunion last weekend at the freight at john's show. you and mark sounded awesome in their sound system. really great to see you both on stage!

forgot to mention how much i enjoyed seeing everyone again. this having been my first camp -- now i understand why chris gets depressed every year after camp ends. i used to think," what's the deal?" but now i get it and i still miss everyone!! hope to at least see the bay area folks during the year. look forward to patrick's class!

later,
brenda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000