Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Winter campers, hint, hint
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  9:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any winter AMC campers have photos or stories to share??? We'd like to live vicariously through you, if possible.
Jesse Tinsley

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  05:42:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I want to live vicariously through you too!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Sil da Trill
Akahai

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  06:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Know what? Neva took one picture, also neva once jump in da ocean (might have drowned). But had a real blast of a time. Check out my diddy on the odda thread. Maybe too much kaona for those who missed out. I spent most of my time making one uke and enjoying the company of fellow campers. My brother, Gerry did take pictures. We'll do some downloading shortly, but we are still on Hawaiian, or should I say Moloka'i time, which is mo' slow den sloooowww.
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  07:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Sil! Looking forward to the pics. Could you also download some of that Moloka'i time into my life while you're at it? See you soon!

Pulelehua

Edited by - Pulelehua on 02/17/2006 07:57:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  08:58:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fun to see the post from Sil the Thrill !! Camp was wonderful .. I also took few pictures but lots of memories. I was very happy that my NT Kainoa had knit me a beanie for Christmas .. just the top off for my part as a Beanie Wahine.

Seriously (??!!) Winter Camp is my favorite .. dramatic weather, smaller numbers, very mellow blending of personalities. Let this post send my love to all the winter campers who read it. A hui hou.

Me ke aloha,
Lynn
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  10:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After a little (prolly too little) weeding, I've got 'bout 200 pics. Lotsa waves, even more hula, and a bunch of miscellaneosity. I'll burn a CD for anybody wantin' same.

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  3:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha from Maui -

All I gotta say is, "you shoulda been there!" Big fun, big waves, great campfire kani kapila, warm aloha, fantastic talk story with na kupuna o Moloka`i, the best eva ho`ike, two (count 'em) new `ukulele for Annie & me (we built 'em. I think there's a new Hemojang act in the future), great classes, ono-licious-and-then-some food (how much sashimi can one boy eat?) and whales cavorting at any given moment.

Hey, let's do it again -- same time next year!

I'll be posting some of the 600 + pictures I took on the camp website after I return home this weekend.

Till then,

a hui hou

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  8:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, great job!!!! You and Annie, working so hard to make all the gears mesh, how did you ever find time to build your own ukulele?

I have to hand it to Dennis Lake. I've not met too many people with the patience that he has. And he makes the most amazing instruments. Sheepishsly admit we bought another Lake, the cigar box uke I've always wanted. And it was easier than trying to make one in camp.

Jessie, we missed you and your guitar!

As the snowflakes fall here in Boulder Creek, I am reminded of all the wonderful things camp meant to us...

Aloha nui loa, Julie

Edited by - Julie H on 02/18/2006 8:13:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  3:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha -

The wait's over - I finally got a chance to post some pix from the February Aloha Camp on our website: www.alohamusiccamp.com. Scroll down to the "Photo Gallery" link.

Highlights? For me there were so many: listening to Aunty Marie talk about traditional Hawaiian healing and herblore, watching the whales playing offshore (they always stopped the minute I grabbed my camera...), talking story about paniolo days with Uncle Jimmy, Julie's Kool Kampfire Kani Kapila, finally taking a class all the way through ~ Annie and I both made `ukulele! ~ getting chicken skin when Anakala Pilipo sang at the closing, the ono food, re-living Hokulea's voyage with Penny Martin, watching the Fred and Pat Comedy Show, sharing our anniversary with old and new friends, hearing John shred on the `ukulele, staying up playing silly music with Lynn and Pat, receiving Aunty Maile's blessing on the camp, seeing so many smiles, witnessing the awsome beauty of the big waves, the look on Keola's face when he stumbled upon Kaliko practicing the steel ("Dare to Suck" is our new motto), seeing a green flash at sunset, snuggling under the warm blankets when the weather turned cool, waking up knowing it was going to be another magical day...

So many great memories! Mahalo nui loa to each and every one of you who helped make this one of the most enjoyable weeks ever.

See you this June!

cheers,

Mark Kailana Nelson
Aloha Camp Administrator and Fledgling `Ukulele Builder
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  09:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pix of AMC Feb. '06 at (if the URL works):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15554866 @ N00/sets/72057594077148044/

...Reid

PS. You will wish you were there! And, I didn't upload all we have, either.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  11:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo Reid. Wow, that surf was huge!! nice pix of friends.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  3:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great pix! Mahalo for posting them -- I really like the shot of Uncle Jimmy. And who's the blissed out cowboy wannabe behind him?

Would you mind if I link to them from the camp website?

chhers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  10:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh purrrrr!! Those pix put me right back there. C'mon June, hurry up & get here(got my tickets already) :-)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  01:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pictures thanks for sharing them

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  03:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Link away, Mark. (We had several of Uncle Jimmy, but used that one just because of the expression on your face.)

I might add some more because I was worried about Flickr's stated upload limit policy and cut out some - but that didn't seem to happen. We'll see.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  09:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reid,

Great pix!!

Me ke aloha,
Lynn
Go to Top of Page