Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Herb Ohta Jr. in Bay Area: April 20 - May 1
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Susie Kagami
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  07:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susie Kagami's Homepage
PRIVATE 'UKULELE SESSIONS WITH HERB OHTA JR.!
GROUP AND INDIVIDUAL LESSONS AVAILABLE!

Brush up on technique or learn something new. Catered to your individual needs, private lessons are a great way to hone your skills and have some fun! All levels and all ages welcome!

Learning from his father, the legendary Ohta-San, Herb began playing the ‘ukulele at age of three and began teaching at his father’s school at age 11. In Honolulu, Herb teaches six days a week and continues to record, produce and compose when he is not traveling around the globe performing and conducting instructional workshops. Herb's accomplished career includes five solo projects, six duet albums, exclusive Japan releases, and more than 40 recordings. He is a two-time Hawai'i Music Award Winner and the first 'ukulele artist to be signed by Toshiba EMI, Japan. It is Herb's goal to share the beauty of Hawai'i's music, its culture, and the 'ukulele with people all over the world.

Only a few slots available per location, so don’t hesitate! ** Register today!**
aloha @ HawaiiMusicLive.com

Friday, April 20 – San Jose Japantown, 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday, April 21 – Concord Senior Center, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sunday, April 22 – Sacramento Buddhist Church, 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Monday, April 23 – Sacramento Buddhist Church, 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Wednesday, April 25 – DaSilva Ukulele Company, Berkeley, 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Monday, April 30 – Concord Senior Center, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday, May 1 – San Jose Japantown, 11:00 am – 8:00 pm

Group Lessons (3-5 persons) - $40 / Individual Lessons - $55
Times to be arranged and discounts are available for multiple sessions. Private lessons are 45 minutes and usually start on the hour.

Herb's schedule of BAY AREA WORKSHOPS AND PERFORMANCES can be found on the EVENTS page of:

www.HawaiiMusicLive.com

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  12:02:48 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Susie!!
Is everyone going to be at the Ukulele Festival in Hayward on the 29th?
n
Go to Top of Page

Susie Kagami
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  3:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susie Kagami's Homepage
Aloha Auntie,

Great to hear from you. Will you be up this way for the Northern California Ukulele Festival on April 29th?

Yes, we'll be there. Herb Ohta Jr. and Keoki Kahumoku will be performing a song or two. Craig will also be there...performing with his class. I am sure there will be plenty of people who you know through Taropatch. It is a special year as they celebrate the life of Hollis Baker. Hope to see you there!

Best,
Susie
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  06:55:20 AM  Show Profile
Actually, will be going holo holo that week/weekend - was invited to dinner at French Laundry, so of course said yes I'll be there. Good excuse to stop and say hi to everyone.
see you then!
or are you coming down the 13th or 14th (Jeff Peterson, Led)
Aloha nui,
n
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  08:43:12 AM  Show Profile
Nancy -- holy smokes -- the French Laundry! That is like the ultimate, no? I'm sure you will have good eats. Have fun!

Wanda

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  6:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Can life be too good? Sometimes I think it can. Lynnie and I are headed to O`ahu for about 5 weeks, staying a few steps from Kailua Beach, and looking forward to soaking up the relax and visiting with friends ... just one little problem - we're leaving on April 20. As you notice from the heading at the top of this thread, that's the very day that our `ukulele hero, Herb Jr. starts his lesson series.

Sooooo, not only do I miss out on those great lessons (and Herb is an ideal teacher, able to draw on years of teaching and playing to come up with just what the student needs), but we don't get to sit at the beach bar at Hilton Hawaiian Village and listen to Herb making musical magic along with David Kamakahi. It just ain't fair, is it? Am I getting any sympathy here??

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  8:26:53 PM  Show Profile
No, Fran, not a bit. Nope. Un-huh. No sympathy.....
Besides, you can't have everything! Where would you put it? <BEG>

But for the rest of us this is an extraordinary opportunity! Herb is the best teacher I've had for 'ukulele, and he even transposes what he's teaching for my baritone 'ukulele. Unbelieveable.

Herb is very patient, can sense right away what's needed for each individual student, and tailors the lesson to ability. I think the private lessons are much more valuable than the group ones with Herb, as whatever you do is specifically for your playing. We are honored to have such a gifted teacher make so much time available for us in the Bay Area.
Otherwise you have to go to Honolulu for lessons..... hmmm.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  09:05:57 AM  Show Profile
And Herb will be a kumu at Uncle George's camp on Maui!!!
Go to Top of Page

Susie Kagami
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  6:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susie Kagami's Homepage
Ukulele Strumming Workshop with Herb Ohta Jr.!
Some of you have asked for a strumming group workshop, so here it is! Join Herb Ohta Jr. as he reviews various techniques and patterns. By changing and varying the strumming of a song, you can create mood and enhance feel to create your own unique sound!

Friday, April 20, 2007 - 7:00 pm
Nagareda Studios/Nikkei Traditions - 201 Jackson St, San Jose Japantown

Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 3:30 pm
Buddhist Church of Sacramento - 2401 Riverside Blvd.

Call today to register! Seating is limited / 415.452.8720
www.HawaiiMusicLive.com

There are still openings for Private sessions with Herb too! Don't miss this great opportunity to have some one-on-one time with him while he is in the Bay Area! Call for available times!

I do hope you can join us!! Mahalo and thank you for supporting Hawaiian Music in the Bay area and Beyond!

Sincere Aloha,
Susie Kagami
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000