Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 2008 Winter Aloha Camp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  08:54:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Goldstein

Moloka'i mo bettah.

May all you February campers enjoy instruments always in tune, lots of whales cavorting near Kaupoa, brilliant stars, and no doubt, much aloha.

Larry

Thanks Larry. And you know with slack key we're always in tune with something.

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

suelou
Aloha

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  11:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daryl and I are scheduled (remember to allow for Molokai-time!) to arrive Hoolehua at 3:40 PM on the 2nd and have a rental car if anyone will be around at the same time and need transportation to the Lodge/beach camp. Let me know!
Can't wait to see all your smiling faces there and to feel my bare feet in the sand! (I've had enough of this cold weather already this winter!)
Susan
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  8:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have arrived on The Big Island and just want to warn everyone the weather has been very weird. Very cold for Hawaii and the Kohala winds here are wild. Everyone on this side amazed at how rough the Ocean is so those of you riding the Ferry pray for the WIND to STOP. And like Mark said do not forget a sweatshirt and maybe even pants. I got two blankets on the bed for tonight! :-)
A Hui Hou,
Nancy

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  12:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancy - please keep us posted with updates on your exploits. Have fun and learn lots of stuff. Take plenty pictures to share when you get back.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

suelou
Aloha

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  10:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to make a change to my offer for a ride (posted yesterday)to the beach camp - our plane reservations have changed (don't you love those airlines that cancel flights?) and we won't be at Hoolehua until 7:00 pm on the 2nd. But the offer still stands for anyone coming in at that time!
Susan
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  1:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snow Closes Haleakala Summit

http://www.kitv.com/weather/15167648/detail.html?rss=hon&psp=news
Winter Weather Also Expected On Big Island's Mountains
Ben Gutierrez, KITV 4 Island Weather

POSTED: 11:17 am HST January 29, 2008
UPDATED: 12:20 pm HST January 29, 2008

HONOLULU -- Officials at Haleakala National Park on Maui have closed the road to the summit because of snow, ice and high winds.

The road was closed at 5:45 a.m. Tuesday. Park officials said the visitor center at the park headquarters, at the 7,000-foot elevation, is open, but beyond that, the road is shut down until further notice. A weather station at the University of Hawaii's Mees Solar Observatory near the Haleakala summit recorded a temperature of 32 degrees at 11 a.m.

Meanwhile, the National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory for the summit of Haleakala, and the summit areas of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea on the Big Island, until 6 a.m. Wednesday. A cold upper low pressure system is responsible for bringing frigid air and unstable conditions to the state's three tallest mountains, with the freezing level down to 7,000 feet.

One to 3 inches of snow may fall Tuesday, with another 1 to 2 inches possible Tuesday night.

Haleakala is Maui's tallest mountain, with an elevation of 10,025 feet above sea level. Mauna Kea's summit is the highest point in the state at 13,796 feet, with Mauna Loa close behind at 13,679 feet.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.

Edited by - Mika ele on 02/06/2008 08:44:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Lokahi

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  03:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sigh. Myself and my Alison are not able to come along this year, and I'm as jealous as jealous can be! All I can think about is how much we loved it last year, all the people we met, the tunes we shared, the smiles, the friendliness, the stories, the whales, the giant moths, the beautiful beautiful setting, the moonlight, the tranquility, and all the stuff I learned that was completely new to me, and my Alison performing in front of people for the first time in over 20 years!

It is our intention to come next February, though - plenty of time to save up between now and then. I really look forward to hearing about this years, and of course seeing the photos. All I can say is aloha to all the friends that I met last time, and to the new ones that I'll meet next time. Safe journeys to you all! Hope to hear from you soon!
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  8:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Camp has ended and I am home in my Condo but already I want to be back in my tentalow. I do not know if I can fall asleep tonight with out hereing Sonny Lim or someone out there playing I will have to put on one of the CD's From Camp. I am already working hard on my photos and also trying to think of ways to save money and be able to come back some day. Hopefully Next Feb. It was more than I ever dreamed it could be.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Lokahi

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  02:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been very conscious in the last week of not being at the camp. But now that everyone's back, I really want to hear all about it, see the photos, all that type of thing. Come on folks! Don't be shy!
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  4:04:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well In case you missed my post in the Talk story
http://picasaweb.google.com/photodreamer53/AlohaMusicCampUkuleleBuilidingClass

I have over 800 photos to wade through and sort and organise into an album and I am still here in Hawaii so I do not want to spend ALL of my time on the PUTER But I will try and get some more camp Photos up soon. The over all experence was Well I am not sure I have the words to express what it ended up being. I went there as someone who has very little family ( my husband and children only) and left with a very large OHANA the tears come to my eyes even now thinking of the last day in camp. Even sitting in the Moloka'i International Airport ( haha) Aunties plane was delaied 2 and 1/2 hours and her reaction was to pull out her little Ukulele and start a KanaKipila we all joined in and had a blast I almost missed my plane.
Ah to be back at Camp. I guess that will be my mantra untill I get to someday return.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  5:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha,

Join the "I'll Be Baacckk" Club. We have many members!

Julie
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  9:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK so I am now an official member of the I WILL BE BACK CLUB!
I just spent the whole evening here in Hawaii sitting here working on Photos of Camp and wanting to be THERE how sad is that.
Any way anyone that wants to vist camp through my photos or Campers that would like to download any shots they may not have gotten feel free I have uploaded them to

http://picasaweb.google.com/photodreamer53

ENJOY I know I did! They are unfinished and I have not added any captions as of yet but they are there for you to see. Whales and ALL. OH SO MANY WHALES! Sorry So MAny Whale shots I just could not delete them.
Aloha a hui hou,
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  10:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a great time. Was goodto meet you Nani. I'll never forget the camera glue to your neck as well. We too jammed at the airport it was good fun. I may go back next winter again. Not as hot.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  05:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Winter Campers. Nani - thanks for sharing your beautiful photos! I loved the whales and all!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Cynthia
Aloha

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  05:26:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancy, Thanks for posting your amazing photos! Looking at the whale pictures in slideshow mode was almost like watching a slow motion movie. It is sleeting in the mid-Atlantic, so you might want to take your time getting home.

Cynthia in NoVa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000