Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 2008 Winter Aloha Camp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  07:53:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Nani -

Funny you should mention the t-shirts...

Suffice to say we've had some technical dificulties, but at last I rec'd a design from Nancy Lake over the weekend. It's really cool, and, if I say so myself, worth the wait. So all I have to do now is tweak it for the printer and get 'em up to our online store.

(Oh, and finish a new recording and instructional book, design a new video lesson series that shoots next month, write another review, and, let's see.... um... practice? Sleep???)

Anyway, watch this space. Should be done soon.
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  08:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Yea I really do understand I am supposed to be working submitting claims to insurance answering patients questions filling in when our Nurse is out sick doing the billing cleaning cooking practicing and oh yea all that other good stuff but all I seem to manage is dreamin about being in Hawaii playing my Ukulele with great like minded people. :-)

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  3:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha All -

The Aloha Camp Store is up and running!

Pick up a wonderful assortement of T-shirts, bags, mugs and all kinds of useful items featuring the artwork of Nancy Lake of Studio Na`alehu. We also have some memories from previous camps, too.

http://www.cafepress.com/alohacampstore

Mahalo for your patience.
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  10:29:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark
... I rec'd a design from Nancy Lake over the weekend. It's really cool, and, if I say so myself, worth the wait.

Right you are, Mark. Kudos and a big mahalo to Nancy for a job well done.

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  11:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, now, just as the movies do, you need Action Figures for more marketing opportunities. I suggest Transformers. One could start out being me, and then with a few twists, the figure could turn into a good slack key player.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  12:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Optimus Kaplan? Reidatron? Hmmm....
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  5:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No I want one that takes an old guitar player who used to know how to play a dulcimer and Autoharp but is now all grown up and forgotten all so is trying to learn to play a ukulele for fun. Or maybe what I really want is to be a female Mark when I finally grow up. Ah ell off to my favorite activity SHOPPING!

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  08:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok now I am not getting any work done laughing at myself. But you know what I ment. Boy if you could see me my face is SOOOOO red I blush easy! wish I knew how to use the little icons they are cute but I am barely computer literate enough to type.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  09:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Or maybe what I really want is to be a female Mark when I finally grow up.

OK, let's all sing a quick chorus of "I enjoy being a girl" and then get back to work.
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  04:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK if I can try to redeem myself a little here and regain what little self respect I have left.
I just received my Camp tee shirt and Sweatshirt It gets cold and damp at night on Moloka'i sometimes in Feb. if I remember if not it does here in DE and they are great I also got a mug to bring along to drink out of so to cut down on the throw away kind of stuff. Terrific stuff you got I was very impressed with CafePress both quality and service.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  10:22:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha all -

I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful winter. As for me, I can't wait to head out to Kaupoa Beach on Moloka`i for the February Aloha Camp.

For those of you still on the fence about coming, here's a quick heads up:

We do have a limited amount of space available; however we will be sending in the housing roster to the Lodge and Beach Village this Monday, December 3rd. It is possible to register after Monday, but it does create a lot more work for everyone concerned. Nor can we guarantee you the accommodations you'd desire after Monday.

So if you have decided to come to the camp, but just haven't gotten around to making it official, please do so right away. The Aloha Camp is really too good to miss.

Yr overworked Administrator

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  1:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

andysq
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  04:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit andysq's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I'm another who is going to attend the February Aloaha camp. I also wanted to ask for some assistance. I'm blind and use a white cane to get around, so if you see me wandering around camp come introduce yourself and maybe help me out if I need it. I imagine it will take me a couple of days to get the lay of the land. I also might need some help working with the workshop schedule. I've explained all of this to Mark, too, so he's aware of the situation.

A little about me. I'm 45, an IT analyst at a local university in Washington, DC. I've been playing guitar for about 17 years and have fooled around a bit with a ukulele I bought on my last trip to Hawaii. I guess I would say I'm an intermediate-advanced guitar player and have taken some jazz guitar, but just starting to learn some slack key.

I love traveling and have made trips to Sierra Leone, South Africa, Namibia, Tunisia, and Brazil among other places. I enjoy rock climbing, hiking and rowing (sculling).

Really look forward to the camp and meeting everyone.

Andy

Andy Squires
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  11:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha. Its getting closer to travel time. I just bought a Seagull dreadnaught for under six hundred and that is going to be my flying guitar I got what is called a TRIC case for it. It is made of extruded polypropylene what ever that is. But the case weighs under 3-4 lbs and with the guitar inside it is pretty light. I appreciate the sugestion about gate checking and we are upgrading to 1st class so maybe I'll get get to use the closet inside the plane. I still have a few inter island hops though and we'll see what happens then. The flight to Moloka'i is on a prop plane so not much room for a guitar inside. Its a double hop from Kona to HNL to MLK but it should be alright. It is also good to hear about the clam I've seen it in magazines and always wondered about it but I don't need one just yet.
I'll see all you folks at camp though. It'll be great to hook up with people of similar interest. I was I believe one of Keola's first generation of students in the 70's. I am not too talented so I need to work hard to learn stuff. I hope I'll be able to keep up with all you folks. Either way I just coming for the fun and comaraderie.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 12/17/2007 12:00:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  10:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My experience has been that it's MUCH easier to take my instruments onboard interisland with me (at least from Hilo to Honolulu). Not true coming from the Mainland, although I now keep a guitar in Hawaii so it's only my ukulele making the trip from the mainland. Interisland .. all the airlines folks seem very mellow about instruments, at least the Hawaiian Air and Island Air. Really nice TSA guys when you go through security for the Honolulu commuter terminal when you fly Island Air .. very interested in what type / models of instruments you have. Interisland to Moloka'i, seems to me I've usually gate checked my guitar but carried on my uke. Again, they are very respecttful of instruments when gate checked for interisland.

Me ke aloha,
Lynn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000