Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 2008 Winter Aloha Camp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  03:06:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK maybe I am just crazy like my kids say I am but I feel like a Kid going off to sleep away Camp for the first time and WAY TOO EXCITED to WORK. SO I just wanted to say does everyone know that it is 30 DAYS TILL CAMP!
Clothes are all washed and layed out in spare room camera gear is checked out instruments are in tune and ready Now comes the hard part. WAITING.

I can not wait to meet everyone and learn so much more about everything how will I ever chose!

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  07:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean. See you and everyone else there.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  12:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha all!

As you know, Chef Elmer Guzman will be leading a cooking class at this February's camp. The class will be on Friday only, and we'll be learning to prepare some truly ono food with fresh and natural ingredients, featuring Hawaiian reef fish. Yum!

Chef has requested that we limit the class to 15-25; so I'll be taking sign ups at the Opening Ceremony. There is no add'l materials fee.

http://www.elmerguzman.com/

I thought I'd give you a heads up so you could start salivating...

Edited by - Mark on 01/12/2008 12:37:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  1:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha

I've posted a draft schedule on the camp website to help you with your planning. Go to www.alohamusiccamp.com and follow the link that sez "Schedule." Clever, eh?

Please note that it is subject to change; you will receive a final schedule in your welcome packet.

See you all soon!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  09:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark -

I'm thinking about which sessions I want to sign up for and I have a question - well, several actually, but let's just deal with this one for now. Am I right to assume that for those of us building an 'ukulele, we need to sign up for either both morning or both afternoon sessions?

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  12:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Am I right to assume that for those of us building an 'ukulele, we need to sign up for either both morning or both afternoon sessions?

You get to choose one morning and one afternoon session.

We'll take signups at the opening for the classes that have materials-- Moana's lei making, Sam's sandal making and Chef Elmer's cooking class.

The rest of the classes just require you to show up, no registration necessary.

I'd like to remind everyone to please take some time to read the FAQs on our website-- chances are your questions have been answered. Heck, we even have answers for questions you haven't thought of...

See you in a couple of weeks!

Edited by - Mark on 01/17/2008 12:43:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  12:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I received the recipes for Chef Elmer's cooking class this morning. I think it is going to be amazing. You'll learn how to prepare three dishes-

Ahi limu poke
Steamed Foil wrapped fish and seafood with assorted veggies
Island style banana lumpia

You'll learn how to discern between ahi grades, how to prepare uhu, assemble the poke and cook the foil-wrapped fish, and learn about the lumpia. And yes, you get to eat it, too!

One quick timing note: the class has changed from the times listed on the schedule on the website. It'll start at 1:30. If you are in my `ukulele class, you maybe excused, as long as you bring me a taste.

Yum!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  2:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh,m I can make da kine ova hea. Send me da kine recipes and I'll turn them into heart healthy recipes. That steamed foil wrapped fish and seafood with assorted veggies sounds heart healthy already as long as it is not salted cod or something like that.

You guys are lucky. Good friends, good music. Good atmosphere. Ono grinz. I am jealous. Have fun and learn lots.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  5:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If I get into the class I will make sure you get a copy of the recipes Wanda. It is something I deffinatly am hoping to get to do only thing I like better than eating is cooking. Ben, I have been looking at the class list and it only makes me want to take them ALL how will we ever chose?

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  12:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like I need to pack an apron in with the chonies and aloha shirts, eh?

Can't wait!

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  12:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NANI

I have been looking at the class list and it only makes me want to take them ALL how will we ever chose?

I'll work on time travel. You work on cloning. Say, Mark, how's chances of an on-demand virtual reality version of camp (sans any annoying bugs)?

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  2:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You want bugs? You shoulda come to the camps in Puna!

Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  4:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

You want bugs? You shoulda come to the camps in Puna!

Here, here! We had a 6 inch cockroach in our room. (right next to Dog and Bev's - they can probably confirm it!)

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  4:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I confirm it. At least 6 inches. But it did keep the ants in bay. It was like riding a skateboard to the shower. My feet never hit the floor.

Only bugs I ever saw at Kaupoa were centipedes in the grass. Never in the rooms or on the platforms.

dog
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  6:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How am I supposed to talk Wanda into camp when you start with the giant bug stories? Sounds like some fishermen I know. "They rise before dawn and go forth. They return in the dark of night, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in them." What about The Cockroach That Ate Cincinatti?
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000