Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Rubbah Slippahs - say it ain't so
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  06:10:50 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

Rubba slippahs are too slippery on boats to be any help.
Dass one nodda reason I love my Crocs over rubbah slippahs. During winter with da ground or parking lot pavement iced over and I gotta walk from my car to the store or whatevers, anything else I wear will slip and slide except my Crocs which I find quite amazing. So yes, I wear my rubbah slippah type Crocs in da snow during winter too, and also wear shorts to take out da garbage, because it's also good fun to watch da neighbor's facial expressions.

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  1:14:01 PM  Show Profile
Eh slipry I seen um at Uwajimaya. No joke. Eh mikaʻele das da kine. quava you too much man Jeh like me I go hemo da ʻopala in tank top. My wife yell at me, eh dis not Hawaʻi you going get sick! But I no lōlō if I feel da cold I run insai da hale.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 06/10/2008 1:17:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  03:04:56 AM  Show Profile
BUT! Dis da ultimate in "Flip-Flop" creativity, tho we stay on da "Rubbah Slippah" story-tread. Check out dis 'kohola' of awwwwe story.

http://ethicsandanimals.com/2008/05/26/its-all-a-load-of-trash-whale-with-a-message-permanently-beached-in-mombassa.aspx
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  04:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Baritone

BUT! Dis da ultimate in "Flip-Flop" creativity...
Fascinating story!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  05:15:01 AM  Show Profile
I have the answer to the question in the article as to why African countries support whaling- my friend is the IWC representative for France. According to him, Japan and Norway pay these countries to vote with them. Money is power- and the people of these countries are too concerned with finding dinner for their children tonight to worry about the fate of the whales and the fact that their leaders are getting paid off to support whaling.

Perhaps conservation orgnizations should take a page from their book, and pay even more for them to NOT support whaling...

Chris

Edited by - ypochris on 06/11/2008 05:16:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  07:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
quote:

BUT! Dis da ultimate in "Flip-Flop" creativity, tho we stay on da "Rubbah Slippah" story-tread. Check out dis 'kohola' of awwwwe story.

http://ethicsandanimals.com/2008/05/26/its-all-a-load-of-trash-whale-with-a-message-permanently-beached-in-mombassa.aspx

Eh don't know if you noticed brah but any reference in da talk story section related to da tred title is completely incidental. Most times you can learn everything but what da title says!!!!

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  12:32:01 PM  Show Profile
whooooo!
first I thought the article was about whales swallowing rubbah slippahs
then i thought it was about rubbah slippahs being made from whales

nah . . jus a whale stachoo made from old bustasole rubbah slippahs
das OK

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  2:18:37 PM  Show Profile
Eh Hapuna! You NOW talking like I knew you back in 1967 when I was trying fo teach you guyz physics, chemistry, and biology ("PCB", but not da tela'pon'pol kine) and you was yakking PHILOSOPHY (wat kine science, dat!?!) in class. Da way fo get smart ("akamai", not "smart mouth")is to talk about e'bry thing round and about the slippah tread but use the slippah tread for 'tread' dea!

Eh Ypochris! Thanks for the WIC input. I goin email my friend Seamus, he running one of the Lion Conservancy plantations, who the author of that article assists.

Herb

Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  2:53:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Eh Hapuna! You NOW talking like I knew you back in 1967 when I was trying fo teach you guyz physics, chemistry, and biology ("PCB", but not da tela'pon'pol kine) and you was yakking PHILOSOPHY (wat kine science, dat!?!) in class. Da way fo get smart ("akamai", not "smart mouth")is to talk about e'bry thing round and about the slippah tread but use the slippah tread for 'tread' dea!

Yikes! I seem to recall one short sleeve white shirt and one skinny tie and one flat-top hair cut! But I was in Aratani's class (hoo I dunno if dat's da name, but she was one Japanee lady wit big hair).

Oh yeah...da slippahs. No can scrap wit da slippahs on. Azz da first ting fo fly off...da slippahs. Nex come da shirt. But firs you gotta chek out da enemy...if he get shoes, he goin try step yo feet and you gotta keep fleet-of feet an no lettum stomp yo toes. If he keep da shirt on if you lucky, you can pull 'em ovah his head, den WHAM! You got 'em! An no lettum up. Azz da firs big mistake.

Da slippas is good fo mak da feet wide an da toes grip. Do mo wide da feet da mo balance. You know da peepo wid da big toe wrap ova da nex toe...dey nevah wea slippah!

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Edited by - PoiDog on 06/11/2008 3:29:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bd1
Lokahi

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  05:33:38 AM  Show Profile
This from the Advertiser today. http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080612/NEWS01/806120349&s=d&page=2#pluckcomments I didnt copy/paste the whole ting for da room it takes. Just some more input!

BD1
Go to Top of Page

Bd1
Lokahi

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  05:35:10 AM  Show Profile
I don't know how the one guy can wear slippahs on Construction sites........Where Da Union??

BD1
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  05:48:44 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bd1

I don't know how the one guy can wear slippahs on Construction sites........Where Da Union??
Da buggah must work for one private business. I used to work construction befo and no ways da union going allow dat. Gotta get steel toe shoes.

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  06:02:27 AM  Show Profile
The newspaper article was good, Blaine, but I like the comments at the end of the article more better. Like letting them dry or they get stinky. Or cockaroaching someones slippahs but now they have different dents in them. Now that really does make sense to me.

Now, seeing as how I am old and seeing as how I have diabetes and seeing as how I got really bad circulations in my feet and just about no nerve sensations, the foot guy told me that your feet are kind of like a tomato. Put even a gentle weight on top of the tomato, like maybe a saucer. Right away nothing happens, but after a while, they tomato starts to get lilabit smashed. Eventually the tomato cracks open. Jalike my feet.

But, what I want to know is why my feet were good while I was in Hawai`i but now they are bad again? I mean the soft, silky skin instead of ugly rough feet?

I remember my Granpa getting worried about his feeet right before Easter every year. At church, they would do "foot washing" on Palm Sunday. So, he would spend like the whole couple of weeks before then spiffing up his winter rough feet so nobody would talk stink about his feet at church for the foot washing.

Even my skin was softer, silkier and needed less lotion to be soft. Why is that? How can I get that Hawai`i nice skin over here in Ohio? I do use kukui oil frequently, both as a moisturizer and as a scrub. I get the salt scrub with kukui oil -- it is the bees knees.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  06:59:12 AM  Show Profile
Eh, Wanda! You might just have to move to Hawai'i!
Could be Dr's orders.
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  4:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
Wanda,
Hawaii get 2 very important good stuff for skin. Numba 1 da humidity caresses da skin and makes all da cracks and stuff go away(though you might sweat and stink a little)
Numba 2 go beach and go inda wada. That bugga really buffs da skin and get rida all da kaluses!!! (howeva as a body surfa da bugga also wen buff da inside of my nose so folks tink I do too much cocaine but was really da salt wada.......no I mean really!! )

hapuna
Seattle

Edited by - hapuna on 06/12/2008 4:17:54 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000