Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 AMC - more questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  09:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
do you have a 3-hole punch?

Dat's on my list-of-things-to-bring ---& it can dwell by the copier even more easily than in mine totebag <G>

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  09:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a thought .. if some of us end up sharing the battery charger, it's probably a good idea to put some unique icon or ID on your rechargeable batteries. This avoids the AA/AAA battery wars.

Me ke aloha,
Lynn
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  1:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Here's a thought .. if some of us end up sharing the battery charger, it's probably a good idea to put some unique icon or ID on your rechargeable batteries.

Good idea. Tho' I'm at a complete loss as to what will write on a battery...

quote:
Can plug iPod into your computer to recharge batteries?

Ummm, no, sorry. Which begs the question, Why does anyone need an iPod at a music camp? Oh, maybe you have a recorder attachment. Never mind. But still, "no" on using my 'puter. It's a security thing.

quote:
OK - awards - auntie nancy gets award for most, and silliest questions.

In spades, dear.

See ya in 1 week.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  1:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Mark - mahalo for cell phone pitch. What a treat, no drive and no listen to cell phone talk for 10 days!

Do local merchants take plastic?

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  1:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Do local merchants take plastic?

Most do. Just like here.

Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  2:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many cell phones don't work at the village, anyway.

Here's your chance - tune out while you tune up

Puna

Puna
Go to Top of Page

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  2:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Tho' I'm at a complete loss as to what will write on a battery... "

Aha .. just performed an experiment .. permanent markers, such as you use on CD's and DVD's work fine.

Me ke aloha,
Lynn
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  3:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nail polish also works well to mark things like tools and bateries.
iPod + iTalk makes an amazing recorder. The 40 gig will record everything you ever want. I bought the 2 together, don't plan on listening to music on it, though I downloaded the songs I'd like to learn, Keola's, Mark's, Ohana Brown.....
Yup - be there in a week - leaving Tues night for Honolulu.
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  09:56:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a follow-up to the commanders question about "supplies," and I don't know what took me so long to come up with it: What's the deal with libations at meal time? Are beer and/or wine available? If so is there a choice of either and is there an extra cost? For example, is there a wine list? Unlike music, I can quit anytime I want, but I don't want to on vacation!

Since we're not gonna have a car while we are at camp, I want to know how much to budget for bribing other campers for supply runs.

Jeff

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  11:40:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
What's the deal with libations at meal time? Are beer and/or wine available? If so is there a choice of either and is there an extra cost? For example, is there a wine list?

Jeff, you win the "Things that should have been in the camper letter but were left out" award. Good for one beer -- if you can track me down and if I still have any beer when you do...

The Beach Village does not serve alchoholic beverages. It has to do with some quirk in Hawai`i state law, if I recall. They do provide wine glasses and openers with no corkage fee.

So plan on stocking up before you get to the Beach Village. Again, the grocery in Maunaloa (a short walk from the shuttle stop at the Lodge) has beer and wine. I'm afraid I can't remember if they have da hard stuff. Somebody must, cuz I do remember being offered a Cuba Libre late one night.

The official Aloha Camp policy is "We're adults. We're responsible." Practice moderation. Don't drink and drive. Don't drink and surf. Don't drink and attempt really hard slack key arrangements. And for goodness sakes, don't drink and hula... unless you actually can hula and look better than I would doing it.

Which would not be hard...

Kampai!

Mark

Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  4:43:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cuba Libre , my behind, it was just plain Rum-n-Coke. I think it was more than offered. I think THEY were accepted. Yes, the store in Maunaloa has the hard stuff and they do take plastic (including a PIN machine for debit). You might even want to buy a styrofoam cooler and a couple extra bags of ice while you're there. The Village is extremely good about giving us ice, but the machine has a limited capacity to keep our coolers full at all times. It usually takes all night to generate enough ice to keep us replenished. Besides, spend your money on the local economy and be nice to the people at the store. They are absolutely wonderful. Some night, after a couple Cuba Libres, ask me the story about "shoes" and the Maunaloa store circa 1985.

If any of you plan on showing up at my platform wearing a mask and snorkel, chronies, listening to an iPod while talking on your cell phone, you better know the secret handshake and password. If you're only wearing chronies, then that's a different story. You get to use my boat to fish from. The only one allowed to hang out with me dressed ladat are Kevin Brown and Donley Smith; no questions asked.

Big Dog
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  05:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
If any of you plan on showing up at my platform wearing a mask and snorkel, chronies, listening to an iPod while talking on your cell phone, you better know the secret handshake and password.

So would there be an actual chonie check? I'm still thinking about bringing the mask and snorkel per Auntie's recommendation, the iPod is what I use for my class recorder and I'll have the cell phone for staying in touch with my sweetie if the towers are willing (I'm hoping there's a waiver on the cell phone "ban" for occassional sweet nothings to absent spouses...)

Yep, I'm gettin' a bit punchy here in the cornfields...
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  05:04:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mahalos all! Can't wait to get to camp. Gotta make it through one last "hell week" of getting things prepped so we can be away from the office that long. Got a meeting in San Francisco tomorrow morning then back up here, then last touches on a proposal, then throw some chonies in a duffle and see ya'll there! Probably left out something.

Mark, there won't be any trouble getting a shuttle down to the village friday night after we have dinner at the lodge? Remember, we won't be getting to Moloka`i Lodge until 8:00 pm at the earliest. I might need that beer by then! It's hard to walk in swim fins.

Jeff

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!

Edited by - JeffC on 06/12/2005 05:06:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  08:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Mark, there won't be any trouble getting a shuttle down to the village friday night after we have dinner at the lodge? Remember, we won't be getting to Moloka`i Lodge until 8:00 pm at the earliest.

We've requested an extended shuttle schedule during camp. But I'd suggest giving the rez desk at the Lodge a heads up just to be 100% safe: (888) 627-8082

Dog, the thought of you, Mr D and Kevin hanging out in yr underwear - if that indeed is what chonies are -- brings a tear to my eye. Male bonding is such a beautiful thing.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  4:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eh Mark!

Instead of Bread Run t-shirts, you should sell AMC Chonies this year! Could be a big hit. You could hang some on a flag pole and wave it to us guys across the channel in Napili. 'Ya think we could seem 'em?

M
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000