Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 2008 Summer Aloha Camp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  1:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha all -

I have posted a draft of the camp schedule on the camp website. You can download it by following the links marked "Schedule." Clever, eh?

Please note that the schedule is subject to change; you will receive a final schedule and class locations in your welcome packet.

Also, no need to contact me to sign up for classes; just show up. You can take as many, or as few as you like.

cheers,

Mark

Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  7:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Holle,

YOU JUST WAIT!!!!

Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Teri
Aloha

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  2:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holle,

Thanks for the offer. I don't want you to have to come back out to the airport cause you don't want to miss the opening if this is your first Aloha Camp experience. It is a special event to be sure. Julie is right, You just wait!!

Mahalo. I look forward to seeing you all at camp.
Teri
Go to Top of Page

Holle
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  7:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Teri,
Now yous guys got me extra excited! I love to be surprised, but is there anything I should make sure to bring to camp that I may not have thought of?
Me ke aloha,
Holle
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  2:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Holle!

On the Aloha Music Camp website, you can click on "Camp Life" on the left sidebar and then scroll down to the bottom of that page for good suggestions on what to bring.

Wow - is it really only one month from today?! I'm looking forward to meeting you there!
Go to Top of Page

Holle
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  2:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo Debbie,
Thought I'd get some insider tips to go along with the camp life stuff. If you think of any, let me know. I saw on other forums that people talked about bringing a little lite for their uk playing at night-but I'm such a beginner I'll only be trying to strum!
Looking forward to meeting you too!
Holle
Go to Top of Page

Holle
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  6:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E Julie and Debbie,
Yous guys know Cathe! I just started singing with her and a bunch of other wonderful people in a Hawaiian choral group a few months ago. It's a small and wonderful world. Teri, you know Cathe too?
Aloha no,
Holle
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  1:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holle - yes, I know Auntie Cathe from the Camps - she is a dear! You are very lucky to be a part of the group in SF

Hmmm - if you bring a music stand, bring clothespins to keep your pages from blowing away (or just fluttering in the breeze). A small flashlight was a necessity in Puna and Kaupoa, but since the Keauhou Resort is a real hotel, I don't know how important it will be this time around. It probably can't hurt to bring a small one (I keep one on my key fob, so I always have one with me). Remember your tuner if you use one, and extra batteries are always helpful but again, being closer to town, they are perhaps not quite so critical. I bring an iPod to record the classes (with the instructor's permission). I can't really think of much else - camera, pareau, hat, totebag to carry everything to and from classes... If you are going to be renting a car, I find that a "car lei" for hanging on the rearview mirror helps to identify my car out of all the similar rental vehicles in the hotel lots. That's all I've got - anybody else?
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  7:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That lei around the car mirror might also work as a deterrent against theft. I always think that someone with a lei is a local, maybe renting a car while visiting from another island. I do that every time I'm visiting and so far (knock on wood) I have not had any break-ins. Also, of course, leave all your windows open while you are stopped in a parking lot. When I remember it, I also throw dust and dirt on the car...

Many years ago all the rental cars had special stickers on them, as if the thieves needed any more clues. Nowadays, all you have to do is look at a car and if it is clean, it's a rental!

Julie

Go to Top of Page

Holle
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  09:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E,while I'm at it-I'll throw some taro chips and a couple of cockroaches on the dashboard! Good memories of my island $100 cars in the 70's. Gotta bang da seat tree times-den get in.
Cause I'm old school-what kine car lei?
Mahalo nui,
Holle
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  7:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheap!

(in case they steal that)
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  08:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Jus use one kukui nut lei. You probably get 'em already...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"

Edited by - ArtSap on 05/29/2008 08:15:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Holle
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  09:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok,Ok, get'em.
Tanks eh?
Hope dey no steal da cacaroaches!
Mahalo,
Holle
Go to Top of Page

Teri
Aloha

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  8:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Holle, I thought that was you. I know Cathe and you. I have been to SF to sing with the choir some, not regular. It is a great group of people and Cathe is da best. Now the Royal Hawaiian Ukulele Band will be on Monday nights. It will be fun to see you and spend some time at Keahou.

Teri

Edited by - Teri on 05/30/2008 8:41:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Holle
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  07:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Teri,
It's you! What a wonderful small world it is! Our trip is right around the corner. How cool. I'll see you soon.
A hui hou,
Holle
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000